Issue: Can't post pictures with Firefox

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
simong

Post by simong »

Just wanted to post this for reference in the hope that it might get foxed, sorry fixed. The picture posting application doesn't work with Firefox 3. It will accept an upload but doesn't pass it back to the posting form. This could be because I have NoScript enabled, but even if I allow scripts globally it doesn't work. I think it might be a cross-scripting issue and as I've noticed other people mentioning it, it probably should be looked at. It works using the current version of Opera, haven't tested it with Safari (I'm on a Mac), so if you need a workaround, download Opera from http://www.opera.com.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Same here, I normally use FF but have to go to IE to post piccies.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

I don't what the heck you're chatting about, firefox, opera and safari, Simon in a mac. All as I know is I can post pix.    
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Uploading photos if you use Firefox as your browser rather than Internet Explorer simply doesn;t work. I don't remember if this was the case before the upgrade to Firefox 3, but it is not just Secret Leeds which it has problems with it.The system used for Secret Leeds has a few strange features and problems and DSCO has promised that we should be moving to something different, which we are told should resolve a lot of problems.....hoping that might be soon Duncan so I doubt time will be spent trying to change things were we are now.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Yes its a Pain in the arris at times, but ive just got used to swapping over to IE whenever i need to post a pic.Ive got a sidebar app launcher(vista)with SL saved in IE so i just launch that and post away.ps/have you seen this yet? http://snipurl.com/fspt0pps/and no Chameleon mate it has not worked from day one in FF    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Brandy wrote: Yes its a Pain in the arris at times, but ive just gat used to swapping over to IE whenever i need to post a pic.Ive got a sidebar app launcher(vista)with SL saved in IE so i just launch that and post away.ps/have you seen this yet? http://snipurl.com/fspt0 Sounds prety painful Brandy, I'd be careful where you launch it to!!Yes, looks as though the YEP have caught up and been reading Secret Leeds again, Phill mentioned it could be seen on GSV a couple of weeks ago.FF - thought so, Duncan doesn't seem to know the answer form what he was saying a while ago.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

I use Firefox and I can post pics. That sounds awfully smug now I've read it back. I shall refrain from uttering, 'Ner ner na neeer ner.' Ahem.

simong

Post by simong »

Geordie-exile wrote: I use Firefox and I can post pics. That sounds awfully smug now I've read it back. I shall refrain from uttering, 'Ner ner na neeer ner.' Ahem. That's interesting - well, to a geek like me it is Wonder what makes you different...

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

ive got three laptops and a pc all running firefox and NONE will post pics on here!so come on geordie whats your secret?????????? lolps/and like simon says(i just had to say that lol)i am intrigued as to how you have it working also!
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Geordie-exile wrote: I use Firefox and I can post pics. That sounds awfully smug now I've read it back. I shall refrain from uttering, 'Ner ner na neeer ner.' Ahem. Well. aren't you the special one then, just because you got extra Easter Eggs --- Maybe you're just too good for this siteSeriously, that's interesting, as far as I know, you're the only one that can.(Have this fleeting thought of Brandy spending all night with laptop in each hand trying every possible setting going;0 )