What Secret Leeds subject surprised you the most?

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
unslet

Re: What Secret Leeds subject surprised you the most?

Post by unslet »

Do you remember the Pink Floyd video when Another Brick in the Wall was released?
All the kids went into a mincer which churned out homogenised identikit pupils.
That is how the world feels to me these days.
Every controversial subject has a received opinion which is deemed to be the correct one. If you deviate from this,you can immediately sense the atmosphere.All humour and personal opinions are being squeezed into ever narrower confines in order not to "offend".
I find it very sad. George Orwell was spot on,he just got the date wrong.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Some of the members that think this is not such a good idea; range from 2010, 2011, 2012 since they joined and i myself have only joined 2016. would it not have been an idea to get some opinion from members for and against and the reason.
I do realise that a small number of members were against this from the start and now it seems they have got their way.

Loiner in Cyprus

Post by Loiner in Cyprus »

I have always enjoyed reading the jokes page. I'm definitely no prude or snowflake but I do think occasionally some of the jokes went too far for a site that is visited by children. I would have preferred to see the offending jokes removed rather than the jokes page.

snowman1

Post by snowman1 »

hi volvo jack/tilly
please dont walk away,i for one always liked the joke pages after all there is not much to laugh at in the world at the moment,the mods could have taken the risky ones down and left the page up,also your knowledge of all things leeds is second to none i for one look forward to reading them and the memory`s they bring back.
stay safe
sm1
ex beeston lad

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Hello Snowman, Thank you for your post, if tilly is o'k with this i for one would be very pleased to stay though i now live away from Leeds and without being slushy this site is such a big part of my life. Born and bred in "Stringer" since 1935.
I would be very pleased if the moderators would reinstate the joke page. Ta.

Ex Gipton estate child when it was first built and then a Beeston lad. If i could turn back the clock i would not change a thing.

tilly

Post by tilly »

I will try again looks like every time i try to post access is denied see if this gets through i would love to put my side over.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Hello tilly, the site was "Up the creek" for quite some time from early morning through no fault of Secret Leeds. I too was trying for ages but to of no avail
Cheers Pal.I have received a message from a moderator but being a dummy at sending replies i wonder if you could send a message back on my behalf assuming it is the same
mine was the "Scarboro Warning" and all though i don't really think i deserved it. the Secret Leeds site means so much to me. In a nut shell pal lets get back to where we were. Regards V. J.

jma

Post by jma »

Looking at this the other way round, it's a forum about Leeds.

tilly

Post by tilly »

What ever way you look at it it has at times kept the site active 64 pages and over 200,000 views so what is the problem.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Hello tilly, it has been very gratifying to see the members posting in support of reinstating the Joke page but in truth i do not hold out much hope, Cheers Pal