Construction happening at the old Wallace Arnold site....

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
Jay Cartay

Construction happening at the old Wallace Arnold site....

Post by Jay Cartay »

Finally..... Something is happening at the old coach depot. Hard to believe this site has been empty for so long.

Wasn't there a crappy car dealership on there a while back?

Took a photo a week or so ago. It's ramped up a bit since then!

buffaloskinner

Re: Construction happening at the old Wallace Arnold site...

Post by buffaloskinner »

I think the car dealership was next to the tiles depot.
Last I saw of the Wallace Arnolds site was about a year ago and it was full of our traveller friends on their camping and caravan tour :lol:
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Yep its a new car dealership, BMW/ Mini. Wonder if they are relocating from Scott Hall Road
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

Jay Cartay

Post by Jay Cartay »

Ah right, interesting! Will be nice just to see the site in use again to be honest. Leeds seems to be surrounded by blots on the landscape as you come in from certain directions.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Its uncanny for me to see this area of the Ring Road now - I worked for WA when we transferred there, after nightmare hiccups and delays galore, from the LCT rented (part) depot in Donisthorpe Street Hunslet - oddly now the registered postal address of "First" - what goes around comes around as they say.
Initially the ground where the new coach station was built was affected by flood water and all that goes with it. Then the bulk fuel supply was delayed and the refuelling pumps troublesome and the original bus wash installed was a merciless disaster which caused various degrees of damage to the vehicles. I seem to recall that the transfer was also during the high season, but somehow or other we managed and the new place was, after all, superb for passenger convenience, manoeuvarablity, and vehicle maintenance.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

romeo to control

Post by romeo to control »

The original car dealership was Trust Motors (VW).
Treat others as you would wish to be treatedBAF

Keg

Post by Keg »

It will be a BMW/Mini Dealership. I was in Stratstone at Sheepscar last week, getting my old bus serviced and the lady said they were moving as they had outgrown the current site and had nowhere to go.
Keg