Joke of the Week

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
TABBYCAT

Re: Joke of the Week

Postby TABBYCAT » Tue 03 Dec, 2019 9:32 pm

It must be my twisted sense of thinking insomuch as, apart from the the intended humour which I fully grasp, I can't stop giggling at the fact a 16th century mason is called Doug. :lol:

Keep em coming WR!
warringtonrhino

Postby warringtonrhino » Tue 03 Dec, 2019 10:57 pm

Doug was a site foreman who spent half of the day complaining about the weather, too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry and the rest of the day complaining about the paperwork that the architect had generated. He was however a fantastic craftsman. When CAD first came available, I was telling him how it was very accurate. 'I can now draw to an accuracy of 1/10000 of a millimeter' he was laying paving stones 'that's no good to me, I have to be spot on' he replied has he tapped a large paving stone into place. The only way I could stop him moaning was to take him to the pub for lunch.
TABBYCAT

Postby TABBYCAT » Tue 03 Dec, 2019 11:22 pm

A story behind the humour,superb!
hicklingmick

Postby hicklingmick » Wed 04 Dec, 2019 4:01 pm

uncle mick wrote:
Sat 30 Nov, 2019 7:24 pm
tilly wrote:
Sat 30 Nov, 2019 2:12 pm
What is the world coming to a blog with 54 pages and 181034 views and because a minority dont like it it could be deleted.This blog was put on when the site was slow we were trying to pep it up if someone posted about a CofE Hunslet lad and i am one i would not be making a complaint, on my coat i wear a Robertson golly badge i found this with my metal detector it reminds me of when i was a kid does this make me racist off course not but to some it does.What is the world coming to you cant say golly wog its very rare you see black dolls and god help anyone who teaches there children Ba Ba Black sheep its stupidity at its worst we are told it will turn children into racists what a load of rubbish.Well thats my thoughts on the matter like it or not.
We have different views but what does "Joke of the week" have to do with Secret Leeds ??
When you hover over heading on chrome it says "History ,Culture & Architecture " Surely telling Jokes is part of our culture?

tilly

Postby tilly » Fri 06 Dec, 2019 9:44 pm

The police were following a car it was swerving from left to right so they pull it up .The policeman goes to speak to the driver its Paddy he asks him why are you all over the road he says im trying to avoid all the trees in the middle of the road .The policeman says Paddy thats your air freshener.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.