Joke of the Week

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
tilly

Re: Joke of the Week

Postby tilly » Fri 29 Nov, 2019 9:35 pm

Has this post been blocked.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.
tilly

Postby tilly » Fri 29 Nov, 2019 9:40 pm

I have just tried to reply to the remarks on joke of the week i was logged in but[t would not let me post
hicklingmick

Postby hicklingmick » Sat 30 Nov, 2019 2:39 am

This is a local history site ,we were told but its also about culture.

to me a yorkshire mans culture is being able to tell a joke but not be offended by them also.
tilly

Postby tilly » Sat 30 Nov, 2019 2:12 pm

What is the world coming to a blog with 54 pages and 181034 views and because a minority dont like it it could be deleted.This blog was put on when the site was slow we were trying to pep it up if someone posted about a CofE Hunslet lad and i am one i would not be making a complaint, on my coat i wear a Robertson golly badge i found this with my metal detector it reminds me of when i was a kid does this make me racist off course not but to some it does.What is the world coming to you cant say golly wog its very rare you see black dolls and god help anyone who teaches there children Ba Ba Black sheep its stupidity at its worst we are told it will turn children into racists what a load of rubbish.Well thats my thoughts on the matter like it or not.

uncle mick

Postby uncle mick » Sat 30 Nov, 2019 7:24 pm

tilly wrote:
Sat 30 Nov, 2019 2:12 pm
What is the world coming to a blog with 54 pages and 181034 views and because a minority dont like it it could be deleted.This blog was put on when the site was slow we were trying to pep it up if someone posted about a CofE Hunslet lad and i am one i would not be making a complaint, on my coat i wear a Robertson golly badge i found this with my metal detector it reminds me of when i was a kid does this make me racist off course not but to some it does.What is the world coming to you cant say golly wog its very rare you see black dolls and god help anyone who teaches there children Ba Ba Black sheep its stupidity at its worst we are told it will turn children into racists what a load of rubbish.Well thats my thoughts on the matter like it or not.
We have different views but what does "Joke of the week" have to do with Secret Leeds ??
tilly

Postby tilly » Sat 30 Nov, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi uncle mick I know this is nothing to do with Secret Leeds but at the time the site was very slow so this was started.Instead of waiting day after day with no posts i for one thought this was a good idea the blog had 181034 hits that cant be bad or can it.i dont want to fall out with anyone if its not acceptable to members then by all means take it down i for one will not be very happy at this outcome but then i am only one member amongst many.
snowman1

Postby snowman1 » Sun 01 Dec, 2019 4:16 pm

hi tilly
i for 1 have enjoyed the jokes,i thought it was all in fun,good job the comediennes are not on the telly any more.
regards
sm1
ex beeston lad
volvojack

Postby volvojack » Sun 01 Dec, 2019 5:13 pm

snowman1 wrote:
Sun 01 Dec, 2019 4:16 pm
hi tilly
i for 1 have enjoyed the jokes,i thought it was all in fun,good job the comediennes are not on the telly any more.
regards
sm1
ex beeston lad

It seems that this arument has began since i posted, in my opinion a quite inocent Hebrew gag. I probably know more about the Jewish way of life, having associated and worked with them for many years. I also would not want this thread to be blocked.

tilly

Postby tilly » Sun 01 Dec, 2019 9:45 pm

One of my best friends is Jewish he looks forward to a Jewish joke or two, i have nothing but praise for the Jewish community in Leeds.They arrived in Leeds after being persecuted in the country's they came from and helped make the city we know today.As for the Irish my family came from Ireland back in the days of the potato famine so i have nothing against them either and the few Irish i know love an Irish joke.If someone puts in a joke about a C or E Hunslet lad of which i am one i would not be putting in a complaint i for one dont see a problem.
warringtonrhino

Postby warringtonrhino » Tue 03 Dec, 2019 5:32 pm

I hope this one does not offend architects, quantity surveyors or Tudors.
As stated previously these cartoons were done for an architect's magazine and may not be amusing to anyone not familiar with the circumstances.
When I qualified, architects designed buildings and specified all the materials. As time passed, architects did less and less drawings and more and more paperwork. Contractors and suppliers were coerced into doing the drawings in return for them getting a contract. Architects spent more time writing than they did designing and drawing. This cartoon is a mixture of a Tudor building site and a modern architects office, hopefully you can now see some of the humour?
Attachments
The Tudors A.jpg
The Tudors A.jpg (222.73 KiB) Viewed 51 times