Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
- Posts: 3036
- Joined: Wed 21 Dec, 2011 1:28 pm
I've been meaning to go up and view the staircase waterfall from the top for about 44 years now. A660 is recently cut circa 1840, these roads were probably around + in use well before it. Back in the day you went straight up Damstone Lane to the Wharfe at Castley, or right at Ridley Causey.Heading for Crown Point via Globe Rd mid afty today and stopped for a peek at Hol Beck at junction Water Ln/Globe Rd.Didn't have camera but at the point marked there are metal steps let into the brickwork and the water was up to the 4th step down. Normally there's a trickle in the middle trough, it was full to to the walls and nearer the bridge/road level.
- __TFMF_gy3k11m3sg5vq5rktskdl0fa_6aadd2f5-e97d-448d-acf2-8df2e0a66e3d_0_main.jpg (85.83 KiB) Viewed 5998 times
- Posts: 4423
- Joined: Wed 21 Feb, 2007 5:47 am
Scary comparison shot today
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Thu 10 Jun, 2010 8:03 am
- Posts: 2037
- Joined: Mon 11 Jan, 2010 2:32 pm
Leodian wrote: Jogon wrote: with underground parking So that is where that bloke with his submarine parks eh! When he is not parked here.
- __TFMF_clxpoq5533dnlg55glggdr2r_74c87ed9-9ee4-4a2f-90b5-664c49221c43_0_main.jpg (264.25 KiB) Viewed 5998 times
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Thu 22 Mar, 2007 3:59 pm
- Location: The Far East (of Leeds...)
tilly wrote: Leodian wrote: Jogon wrote: with underground parking So that is where that bloke with his submarine parks eh! When he is not parked here.Sorry about double post. Is it just me. or does that not look particularly submarine-esque? More like a narrowboat with a plywood conning tower attached...
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell