That was then.

How well do you know Leeds?
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Sorry I'm getting boring [What'dya mean 'getting'.....! - Ed ]Finding old photos then recycling them in what where.1968, and a number 56 bus I think. Road priority (but little else) has changed.
Attachments
ww.PNG
ww.PNG (61.75 KiB) Viewed 3072 times

yorkiesknob

Post by yorkiesknob »

I know for sure, the school on the right should give some a clue its being in the news recently. The bus # for others.    
Where there's muck there's money. Where there's money there's a fiddle.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

I know too, and the view has hardly changed. The school has the same name as the pub opposite it.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

yorkiesknob

Post by yorkiesknob »

Correct Chrism, but use to have a different name in the 60s.
Where there's muck there's money. Where there's money there's a fiddle.

Loiner in Cyprus

Post by Loiner in Cyprus »

If I'm correct it will be the first I've recognised since joining SL years ago, so please excuse the lack of cryptic clues. It looks like Royal Park Road (?)in Hyde Park, close to the Royal Park pub.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Loiner in Cyprus wrote: If I'm correct it will be the first I've recognised since joining SL years ago, so please excuse the lack of cryptic clues. It looks like Royal Park Road (?)in Hyde Park, close to the Royal Park pub. Spot onhttp://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceIde ... SPLAY=FULL

Loiner in Cyprus

Post by Loiner in Cyprus »

Jogon wrote: Loiner in Cyprus wrote: If I'm correct it will be the first I've recognised since joining SL years ago, so please excuse the lack of cryptic clues. It looks like Royal Park Road (?)in Hyde Park, close to the Royal Park pub. Spot onhttp://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceIde ... SPLAY=FULL Yeh!! In the 1970s I used to repair TVs in that area. I've not been there for over 30 years so if you had shown a photo of the area as it is today I may not have recognised it. Jogon, once again apologises for not using cryptic clues but after all this time trying to guess 'what & wheres? I didn't want to miss out.

Barwicker

Post by Barwicker »

I have been in the shop many times. My uncle was Mr R H Williams who owned it. The bus in those days ran from the Bus Station to North Lane, actually the end of Cardigan Road, later to Queenswood Drive. I have posted a similar comment on the Leodis site.

book

Post by book »

Did the women running for the bus make it? Or did she get hit by the mini traveller turning right ?
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

book wrote: Did the women running for the bus make it? Or did she get hit by the mini traveller turning right ? I doubt she did, it's a back loader with a guard! He would have rung the bell and the bus would have been long gone! Unless it had been my on the platform ,I would have waited for her and assisted her on board!
ex-Armley lad