Post by Chrism »

Here's a better pic I have found.    
Attachments
379943_1d424cb4.jpg
379943_1d424cb4.jpg (121.91 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

yorkiesknob wrote: Good stuff johnnyg,                             I never knew about the hall until my sister ran the reception side of their business a couple of years ago. Never visited myself and I was amaze how I never came across it . Being a Burley/ Headingley boy and spending most of my misspent youth in the Oak and Skyrack and never stumbling across or hearing of Hinsley hall is puzzling to say the least.Cheers Yorkie Not all that puzzling really Yorkie - HH is set fairly well back from the road, on a bend, and with plenty of trees in front. I think as we travel along Headingley Lane there is always much to see on that thoroughfare and so we tend not to look deeply on either side. For all the years that I worked on the buses along Headingley Lane from 1957 onwards I think I've only become aware of HH fairly recently, and for some unknown reason I too thought that it had Methodist connections rather than Catholic. So "tha's not on thi own lad."
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

http://goo.gl/maps/OY6y4P.S. The Folley bus "reservation" will be consructed to the left of H.H. main entrance drive.www.ngtmetro.com/NR/rdonlyres/3D2D5EE1- ... amRoad.pdf    

johnnyg

Post by johnnyg »

Cheers Brunel, I hadn't realised the trolleybus was going to move that far off Headingley Lane. At least it will miss the small graveyard in the grounds of Hinsley Hall, visible through the trees on your street view shot.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

johnnyg wrote: At least it will miss the small graveyard in the grounds of Hinsley Hall, visible through the trees on your street view shot. If common sense eventually prevails johhnyg, and I fervently hope that it will, NGT will miss everything by remaining on the expensive drawing board. Like many others I despair at the futility of this ludicrous farce - it purports to revolutionise public transport on the route - but what about the other services 6, 28, 97, X 84 etc etc because as they are presumably to remain conventional diesel on the same congested roads where will the overall saving in North/South journey times be achieved ??
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

johnnyg

Post by johnnyg »

I agree Blakey, I mentioned it only to highlight the little known fact that there is a small cemetery in the grounds of Hinsley Hall.
Attachments
Hinsley Hall Cemetery.jpg
Hinsley Hall Cemetery.jpg (102.22 KiB) Viewed 2160 times