A stroll on a summer's evening

How well do you know Leeds?
Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

This Leeds place isn't so bad...anybpdy guess where?
Attachments
View 1.jpg
View 1.jpg (122.88 KiB) Viewed 2708 times

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Carvings on the rock...
Attachments
View2.jpg
View2.jpg (135.68 KiB) Viewed 2708 times

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Cardiarms wrote: This Leeds place isn't so bad...anybpdy guess where? Is it the meanwood valley trail? Looks like the view from the top path near where Scotland Mill was...

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Chrism's link spills the beans. A lovely evening stroll and a pint at the Myrtle, lovely.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I remember being told by a teacher that Leeds had more green open space within the city boundaries than any other city in the UK.I think Glasgow was cited as an example of a similarly sized city, but with less than half the open space we had (at the time - early 80's).It's a shame that the city fathers now seem determined to let developers concrete over most of it....
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

raveydavey wrote: I remember being told by a teacher that Leeds had more green open space within the city boundaries than any other city in the UK.I think Glasgow was cited as an example of a similarly sized city, but with less than half the open space we had (at the time - early 80's).It's a shame that the city fathers now seem determined to let developers concrete over most of it.... I think of the green spaces as being an important part of Leeds' identity and what makes it a great city to live in. When you see plans suggesting that these green areas be built on it is very saddening.

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Cardiarms wrote: Chrism's link spills the beans. A lovely evening stroll and a pint at the Myrtle, lovely. fabulous mixture of the countryside and the industrial revolution walking from Adel down to town via the beck, with a set of Godfrey maps in the bag.