Christmas in Leeds

Your favourite days out round Leeds
Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Well said d.s.c.o.. I like thatIt's bah humbag from you & me then! By the way there's absolutely no chance of me looking in no garage, hip hop, electronic music section mate! If i buy Paul Wellers latest offering i think i'm 'in with the in crowd' groove on!!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Squatch_11

Post by Squatch_11 »

I'd go along and watch Girls Aloud - wouldn't listen, but I'd watch!!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

hehe - fair do's mate!anyway, I've been working on Christmas for months now, so I think I need a break for a bit, before everyone else starts the build up for real.Happy Halloween, and a Merry Bonfire Night to you all!dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

simonm

Post by simonm »

God, can't wai for the German market to come back. Being an ex squaddie living in Germany for a long time I love the genuine food and drinks that come back to Leeds year in year out.Someone mentioned hip hop. My lad is founder member of Invizible Circle. coming to front of hip hop and getting bigger.. Remember folks, you heard it here first!!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Squatch_11

Post by Squatch_11 »

Will get double Christmas markets this year I think - off up to Edinburgh at the end of November and there's one up there on Princes Street. More beer and bratwurst... Excellent.Good luck to your lad - not sure you'll be selling tickets to Phill and dsco though!!!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

ooh i dunno - I quite like a bit of hiphop, just not lame gangsta stuff (fiddy and his pal diddy for example.) just googled your lad, and it looks like some pretty good stuff on the website - with a positive mental attitude too. nice to see nightmares on wax in there too (a truly great Leeds export.)anyway - bring on the bier and bratwurst I say. They're having an oompah band in the bierkeller this year - crazy German drinking songs here we go...dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Priestly House wrote: Nowt new or exciting there then? Same blurb as the past few years from LCC. BAN Xmas ads and xmas products in the shops until late november! Bring back roasted chestnuts braziers on every street corner! I loved xmas once - but am now a "bah humbug" sceptic....it's just tepid commercial rubbish. well said that man...and re-open lewis's,and decorate the windows,like in days of yore...this country becomes more like yank land as every second goes by...we sholud keep our traditions,keep our culture...christmas should be just that...christmas!!
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

simonm

Post by simonm »

Cheers for the words dsco. Aye, thats one thing he was always keen to keep a hold of, the positive side of hip hop / rap etc. His "nickname" is Monkee. You mention Nightmares on Wax. Cracking albums, on a side note, my lad did all the artwork on "Car boot soul" and jointly on "Smokers delight"the other artists on "Smokers delight" is Leigh Kenny, another up and coming singer / lyricist!!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

wiggy wrote: Priestly House wrote: Nowt new or exciting there then? Same blurb as the past few years from LCC. BAN Xmas ads and xmas products in the shops until late november! Bring back roasted chestnuts braziers on every street corner! I loved xmas once - but am now a "bah humbug" sceptic....it's just tepid commercial rubbish. well said that man...and re-open lewis's,and decorate the windows,like in days of yore...this country becomes more like yank land as every second goes by...we sholud keep our traditions,keep our culture...christmas should be just that...christmas!! Wiggy i would certainly be able to tell you were of my generation even if i didnt already know it.Yes i used to look forward to Lewis'window at christmas,especially the action man display they seemed to have each year!Brings back memories of going to see santa there on the top floor,the grotto was magic!Took my teenage kids there when they were little and it all semmed a bit flat compared to what it used to be,maybe rose tinted glasses but somehow i dont think so.Had a bit of an argument when brother in law came over from scouse land the other week.He was not happy when i told him that the Santa in Lewis' wa the real santa and that all the others around the country were his helpers.He states that the one in Liverpool was the real santa,and then our lass says the same thing.But i know they are wrong because me mam told me he was the genuine article.Do you remember those various little "Grottos" around Leeds,sort of little nativity scenes in a fishtank like box that were scattered around the town centre,always seemed to remember one outside old Millgarth Fuzz station.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Phill_d wrote: Well said d.s.c.o.. I like thatIt's bah humbag from you & me then! By the way there's absolutely no chance of me looking in no garage, hip hop, electronic music section mate! If i buy Paul Wellers latest offering i think i'm 'in with the in crowd' groove on!! Ha !!Not as up to date as me,off to see sabbath in a fortnight!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com