Angling in Leeds

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
tilly

Post by tilly »

Caught in France not has big as the ones in this post
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

book

Post by book »

Tyke wrote: Been spinning for a couple of hours today on the free stretch from the Armories down to Gibraltar Island. Didnt catch owt but the Brownies down there were taking the [edited for content], no matter what I used they wouldnt have it just kept supping the surface right in front of me. Still too warm for trout fishing, there is an abundance of fly life now and they keep nipping off the top all day long. Dog days, normally July and Aug but extends into early Sept. try very small fly patterns.
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

book wrote: Tyke wrote: Been spinning for a couple of hours today on the free stretch from the Armories down to Gibraltar Island. Didnt catch owt but the Brownies down there were taking the [edited for content], no matter what I used they wouldnt have it just kept supping the surface right in front of me. Still too warm for trout fishing, there is an abundance of fly life now and they keep nipping off the top all day long. Dog days, normally July and Aug but extends into early Sept. try very small fly patterns. They say there are lots of jack pike nr the swing bridge at Rodley.Leeds side, weed beds about 100mts.
ex-Armley lad

Tyke

Post by Tyke »

book wrote: Tyke wrote: Been spinning for a couple of hours today on the free stretch from the Armories down to Gibraltar Island. Didnt catch owt but the Brownies down there were taking the [edited for content], no matter what I used they wouldnt have it just kept supping the surface right in front of me. Still too warm for trout fishing, there is an abundance of fly life now and they keep nipping off the top all day long. Dog days, normally July and Aug but extends into early Sept. try very small fly patterns. I may take a fly rod down next time.
Hunslet born and bread

tilly

Post by tilly »

Caught in france but not has big as the ones on this post i was going to post a photograph of a sturgeon i caught in France but cant find the file sorry.    
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

book

Post by book »

Hi Tiily, was it the one that got away?
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

[quotenick="hicklingmick"] Tyke wrote: Been spinning for a couple of hours today on the free stretch from the Armories down to Gibraltar Island. Didnt catch owt but the Brownies down there were taking the [edited for content], no matter what I used they wouldnt have it just kept supping the surface right in front of me. [/quotetry maggots trout love them. thats why some fisheries say fly only.just fish shallow.I remember years ago fishing the ure at middleham for barbel and chub and spending all day upping the size of baits to stop catching trout every cast. Not having caught a fish from the Aire yet.Would it be advisable NOT to eat Trout from this river?As there seems to be quite a few anglers on S.L would it be feasable to form an angling club? S.L. Pisscatorials would seem to be a good title as most of you like a pint or three! Have I put in too many S's?LOL    
ex-Armley lad

Tyke

Post by Tyke »

[quotenick="stutterdog"] hicklingmick wrote: Tyke wrote: Been spinning for a couple of hours today on the free stretch from the Armories down to Gibraltar Island. Didnt catch owt but the Brownies down there were taking the [edited for content], no matter what I used they wouldnt have it just kept supping the surface right in front of me. [/quotetry maggots trout love them. thats why some fisheries say fly only.just fish shallow.I remember years ago fishing the ure at middleham for barbel and chub and spending all day upping the size of baits to stop catching trout every cast. Not having caught a fish from the Aire yet.Would it be advisable NOT to eat Trout from this river?As there seems to be quite a few anglers on S.L would it be feasable to form an angling club? S.L. Pisscatorials would seem to be a good title as most of you like a pint or three! Have I put in too many S's?LOL     I would be happy to eat a fish from the river especially as the mills and heavy industry up stream have gone and the wild life has returned, I was watching a King fisher darting up and down the river as well. If you do get the pisscatorials going Im allways up for a pisscatorial up so keep me in mind.
Hunslet born and bread

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

[quotenick="Tyke"] stutterdog wrote: hicklingmick wrote: Tyke wrote: Been spinning for a couple of hours today on the free stretch from the Armories down to Gibraltar Island. Didnt catch owt but the Brownies down there were taking the [edited for content], no matter what I used they wouldnt have it just kept supping the surface right in front of me. [/quotetry maggots trout love them. thats why some fisheries say fly only.just fish shallow.I remember years ago fishing the ure at middleham for barbel and chub and spending all day upping the size of baits to stop catching trout every cast. Not having caught a fish from the Aire yet.Would it be advisable NOT to eat Trout from this river?As there seems to be quite a few anglers on S.L would it be feasable to form an angling club? S.L. Pisscatorials would seem to be a good title as most of you like a pint or three! Have I put in too many S's?LOL     I would be happy to eat a fish from the river especially as the mills and heavy industry up stream have gone and the wild life has returned, I was watching a King fisher darting up and down the river as well. If you do get the pisscatorials going Im allways up for a pisscatorial up so keep me in mind. I'd be more than happy to meet up with you for a few hours fishing. I'm not that keen on fishing on my own. It would have to be midweek though as my weekends are usually taken up with my Family.Fly or course would be fine but somewhere not too expensive? I did go down on the Aire nr CalverleyBridge and found a nice spot. I tried a swimfeeder and lost my hook and feeder after the first cast! I had some good bites but I lost another feeder ,my last one, so went home after 2 hrs. But, I did enjoy the time down there ,it was so nice, quiet and peacefull
ex-Armley lad

Tyke

Post by Tyke »

I'm exactly the opposite I love been on my own when I'm fishing it gives me time to think, I allways have someone with me at home. Just took delivery of a new ultralight spinning rod so I hope to be out soon chasing them brownies.
Hunslet born and bread