Private messaging

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
simonm

Post by simonm »

Admin, there seems to be nowhere on the site that allows PM'ing from one user to another. Do you have plans to introduce it, or does the site set up not allow it?
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Good point! Or maybe we could just start our own threads e.g. Talk to rangiowner or Talk to Phill D, Talk to simonm and such like! Not exactly private messaging but it's a start!
Love a Landrover

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Thanks for your suggestions - a private messaging system for the site is being investigated, but requires investment of time and money which I will need to secure before proceeding.As with the Search function, please bear with us and we will get there eventually.dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

dsco wrote: ..but requires investment of time and money which I will need to secure before proceeding...dsco As Scandy said on the other thread, there are plenty of free hosting sites so the money argument doesn't hold up. Won't argue that it would take time though!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Jan,The free systems won't work on our servers for various reasons which I will not bore you with, but fundamentally there are compatibility issues because all the suggested systems are Linux or Unix based and we use Windows servers.As I said, just bear with us and we'll get there - just as with the Search function.dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

BOOOOOOMSHANKER

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

dsco wrote: Jan,The free systems won't work on our servers for various reasons which I will not bore you with, but fundamentally there are compatibility issues because all the suggested systems are Linux or Unix based and we use Windows servers.dsco I emailed Munki with two FREE "open source" messageboard hosting ideas last month. One of which I use to host my Leeds United forum.There is also a Linux/Windows server conversion available on the web, if you have been looking at Linux based boards. (Google is your friend! )
You can take the lad out of Leeds - but you can't take the Leeds out of the lad.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Perhaps you didn't read my email to you Scandy? As I said in that (rather long) message, I don't need this suggestion to be reiterated online once again.We will sort this out ourselves, in our own time, and to our own standards. I have discussed your proposal with our developers, which they investigated, and they tell me that it is not a practical solution for our systems. I am going to listen to them rather than anyone else.I do not wish to continue this debate any further. As I have already said, please bear with us and just as with the Search function, we will get there in the end.dsco

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

Point taken. I was just trying to help.
You can take the lad out of Leeds - but you can't take the Leeds out of the lad.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

No problem, your suggestions are appreciated and I did investigate them fully - apologies if my response was a bit curt.dsco