Where is this bench mark in Leeds?

How well do you know Leeds?
Tasa

Post by Tasa »

Leodian wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: I think you might have been strolling around Roundhay Park perhaps? The recently bumped up thread on the area arousing you interest?     Oops I given too much away! Nothing gets past Phill - you need to work in stealth mode!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Leodian wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: I think you might have been strolling around Roundhay Park perhaps? The recently bumped up thread on the area arousing you interest?     Oops I given too much away! Am I right?It's just a case of finding which steps if so. I'm thinking you were interested in the old maze. So I'll narrow the area down to Canal Gardens and that top half of the park near the gates? Oh so close, depending on how near you mean to it being "near the gates".
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Getting warmer!
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

With my stealth tracking device I've managed to pin point your exact whereabouts on the 28th February 2012 my good man Ta da!And a close up of your crows foot datum mark!                
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

That location Phill, but not that flight of steps. This photo (taken on February 28 2012 like my query photo) shows the steps with the bench mark at the bottom, with the Mansion to the rear. Well detectived Phill. Edit added moments after posting. Apologies Phill, it is the steps you record. I don't know why I thought they were different but then I did not spot your close up either! Clearly time for me to go to bed. It is now Leap Year Day.     
Attachments
__TFMF_hjn50avgcj0xibn1thdiepbd_8f181eb4-4394-477f-8950-c12e22402bbf_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_hjn50avgcj0xibn1thdiepbd_8f181eb4-4394-477f-8950-c12e22402bbf_0_main.jpg (243.03 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
__TFMF_hjn50avgcj0xibn1thdiepbd_51f5d587-871a-442f-973c-83d530dae31c_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_hjn50avgcj0xibn1thdiepbd_51f5d587-871a-442f-973c-83d530dae31c_0_main.jpg (243.03 KiB) Viewed 1897 times

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Leodian wrote: That location Phill, but not that flight of steps. This photo (taken on February 28 2012 like my query photo) shows the steps with the bench mark at the bottom, with the Mansion to the rear. Well detectived Phill. I think we crossed posted again. I spotted the exact steps a little after my first post and changed it.         

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Leodian wrote: That location Phill, but not that flight of steps. This photo (taken on February 28 2012 like my query photo) shows the steps with the bench mark at the bottom, with the Mansion to the rear. Well detectived Phill. I think we crossed posted again. I spotted the exact steps a little after my first post and changed it. I think we need to synchronise our posts better! PS. During my stroll on the 28th I saw a couple of coots climbing on tree branches at the Upper Lake. I've never seen that behaviour before. I also saw a squirrel and a magpie right next to each other looking for food. They clearly trusted each other, though knowing of Magpies reputation I'm not sure if the squirrel was right!

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Tell me Leodian do you find lots of money whilst strolling around? You must have Eagle eyes spotting out all these little marks and features around our City I think I'm too busy looking at women and would probably have tripped up those stairs                 

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Tell me Leodian do you find lots of money whilst strolling around? You must have Eagle eyes spotting out all these little marks and features around our City I think I'm too busy looking at women myself I think it is SL that has made me look a bit more than I would have done. I did though see that bench mark quite readily. Funny that you mention money though as I have picked up quite a number of coins from 20p to £1 pieces in recent weeks (I don't bother with 1p and 2p coins). I put them into charity boxes. Not quite though in the league of the £100 in 5x£20 notes I picked up over a year back now at the Thornton's Arcade/Briggate. I handed them into the police and as they were not subsequently claimed I was given them and gave them to charity.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Leodian wrote: I handed them into the police and as they were not subsequently claimed I was given them and gave them to charity. That's very commendable of you indeed! And even more so being honest to hand it in the first place, then be given the reward to rightfully keep it and still give it to charity. Not many would do that.