Posting photos

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

In order to post a photo directly do I need to be a member of such as Flickr or Photobucket? A video that I've just seen about how to post photos through Photobucket indicates that in order to do that I would for example have to sign up to Photobucket.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

I wonder About this too.I know how to tag an image as such so that it appears in a post and I think I know how to upload an image, but if I upload an image can I then display it using img tags? Is it alright if I test this and allow someone to delete the image?    

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Yes if you use the IMG wrap round tags you can post an image directly onto secret Leeds. Tried and tested above! Wouldn't you need to host your image on the internet first to generate a code Barfly?
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I'll try simplify the message above. You can use what's called IMG wrap round tags to post photos on here. The tags look like this [IMG][/IMG]You need to copy and paste the photo 'Image location' Url and paste it in between the IMG tag brackets in the S.L comment box like so[IMG]--------Image location url goes here--------[/IMG]It will look similar to this below. [IMG]http://www.leodis.net/imagesLeodis/scre ... 164604.jpg    [/IMG]I've left one gap at the end of the photo URL to show how it looks, if not the photo would appear again. You don't leave any gaps in between the [IMG]tags                 
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Yes, sorry, I understand that bit.I was asking if it would work for an image I uploaded to this site as the URL returned seems not to be a .jpg but a resource identifier for the CMS.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

BarFly wrote: Yes, sorry, I understand that bit.I was asking if it would work for an image I uploaded to this site as the URL returned seems not to be a .jpg but a resource identifier for the CMS. Try it Barfly, but I don't think it will, you'd have to have it hosted somewhere on the net to generate a code I think, no harm in trying though I guess. It's a pain isn't it?    

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Not a problem really, more strange that you can upload pictures here but not show them in a post and you can show pictures not uploaded here in a post.I understand the problems with allowing uploads and allowing users to display pictures though so this is not a complaint. Better to be like this than have spam and worse.    

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

As I don't have images hosted elsewhere I am wondering if, as it seems that I still cannot post images directly into an SL post, will I still be welcome to post images the old way (thus likely still needing to click on a red cross) or will that method be at best just tolerated or will it be a total no-no now?

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Leodian wrote: As I don't have images hosted elsewhere I am wondering if, as it seems that I still cannot post images directly into an SL post, will I still be welcome to post images the old way (thus likely still needing to click on a red cross) or will that method be at best just tolerated or will it be a total no-no now? From what I can gather that is OK, as long as SL will allow you to upload images.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

BarFly wrote: Leodian wrote: As I don't have images hosted elsewhere I am wondering if, as it seems that I still cannot post images directly into an SL post, will I still be welcome to post images the old way (thus likely still needing to click on a red cross) or will that method be at best just tolerated or will it be a total no-no now? From what I can gather that is OK, as long as SL will allow you to upload images. Cheers BarFly.