Posting photos

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Riponian wrote: Just my 3d's worth.Though I've not tried to add any pictures (yet) I suspect I may not be able to as I can't even install Internet Explorer on my machinen. Firefox, Chrome okay, but for those of use in the Mac or Linux universe I can't even kid it to think I've got Windows by using "WINE".I will investigate playing around with the browser settings and see if the server can be persuaded to think I've got IE at my end.Possibly ironic as the server is probably running on Linux anyway. It's the software which this site uses which causes the problem, Admin have not managed to find a way of overcoming it I'm afraid.IE is the only browser we know to be reliable - the server op system is I bekieve irrelevant.Brunel was it??? managed to make uploading work with one version of Opera I seem to remember.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Yep.... but in does not work with the latest version, nor the latest version of Chrome or Firefox.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

I have been trying to put a pic straight to the messageQuote Phil dI use Mozzilla firefox browser, not Internet explorer.But if anyone uses Mozzilla you can download this rather nice little 'forum tag' add on herehttps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/forum-tags-plus-image-tags/It's a very simple process to add photos onto Secret Leeds, or any forum with that gizmo. All you need is a right click of the mouse, then click 'forum tag'Then just copy and paste the picture tag in the comment box and post, your photo is nicely displayed. Failed

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Have you used the mozzilla browser with the forum tag add on Mick?If so this is what you need to do. Simply go to the photo you want to post on Secret Leeds and right click on it with the mouse. The drop down box will appear like this (this might look slightly different depending on what browser and add ons you use) All you need to do is click 'forum tags PLUS' click 'tag' and copy the photo IMG code it generates. Then go the comment box on Secret Leeds and paste in the photo IMG code which should look something like above. Then click post, and hey presto your photo appears as if by magic Alternatively try using flickr to host your photos. You need to click the 'share' icon at the top of the photo and this drop down box will appear. For this forum it is the BBCode you need to use to host photos. Just click on the size of the photo you want to display and paste the code into the Secret Leeds comment box as above. It all looks a little complicated, but it's a piece of cake when you master it once! Flickr is well worth having a free account, you can host 200 photos with no catches, it's easy to set up an account too.Here's another step by step guide how to post photos on forums, although it has to be said Secret Leeds is in a world of it's own compared to others You can use any photo hosting site like Photobucket, ImageShack or Tinypic e.t.c. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvvxraci ... =relatedIt has to be said the Mozzilla forum tag add on is by far the easiest way to post photos on Secret Leeds, there is no need to host the photos anywhere, and it's all done with one click of the mouse.                         
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Thanks Phil     

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Whoo hoo! You sussed it Mick
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

kango

Post by kango »

Thanks for that Uncle Mick very useful and thanks Phil for tutorial.Regards.Kango

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Whoo hoo! You sussed it Mick Good call Phill, that will open up a new world almost for many posters.The only thing to watch - when replying to a post containing photos embeded like this please either:delete the img tags and url if using editorUse new message.The reason is, as phil knowa, dozens of copies of the same picture slows things down and can be distracting (not to mention the number of pages it creates!).    

kango

Post by kango »

Also takes up server space hence My request to You cheme' to delete My test pic' , for which, thanks By the way.Kango        

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

kango wrote: Also takes up server space hence My request to You cheme' to delete My test pic' , for which, thanks By the way.Kango         Gets the sweeping brush out now an' again - no problem.Really good a way round Firefox has come up ...at last.