Still not right

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
geoffb

Post by geoffb »

geoffb wrote: Probs cheaper and for the 'greater good' to have us sat at home with a pot of Morrisons Red Label (leaf) Tea, a pastry and the cat(s).     Prefer this brand miself try again.

geoffb

Post by geoffb »

Ni still not working, go all the way as chameleons instructions. get the picture up for sizing etc. Go to next but in the "image selected box ots blank, any suggestions. p.s. it wont let me "copy and paste" the image either:-(I will describe the reply to Jogons choice of tea.Tesco,s Premium TEA LEAF with an image of Anthony W.T. on the label.Funny at the time. Are you using Internet exploreror something else? (and no, you can't just paste an image directly into a message, it needs a few extras but that can cause other issues! Email direct if you wish).

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Si

Post by Si »

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

I can post a pick but it isn't seen. Just a paperclip thing at the top which I then need to click on, gives web link, then virus scan open? then see it.Dunno how phil d does it. Also some other helpful s.l. bod often puts up a visible map like on leo's recent secret back passages oppo corn-exch.How do they do that?
Attachments
__TFMF_p0vs0zixf1ljcxfxf1l4wtvf_85da5dc2-3fe4-4727-8e8d-6c349611bcf8_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_p0vs0zixf1ljcxfxf1l4wtvf_85da5dc2-3fe4-4727-8e8d-6c349611bcf8_0_main.jpg (303.59 KiB) Viewed 2746 times

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

so looking at the one I just did I've got a small box top left with red cross in it.but if I click on paperclip it opens separately as I said ie not visible in message etc just clicked on the red cross and after a mo it did appear the 1960 Dam constn.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Jogon wrote: so looking at the one I just did I've got a small box top left with red cross in it.but if I click on paperclip it opens separately as I said ie not visible in message etc just clicked on the red cross and after a mo it did appear the 1960 Dam constn. That's the way its working these days Jogon, not ideal but it's there!To get a picture into the middle of a message, your picture needs to be hosted somewhere like flickr and thereby have a url (address) specific to it.Good move but can have problems - oversized pages as you have experienced if pictures are not adequately resized - can cause accessiblity issues for some users too; and,If people 'quote' to reply without realising the need to delete the picture - we end up with dozens of copies of the same pictures - takes up space and slows down the response

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: as an example Jogon, quoting Phill without his pic. Naughty, but nice!You becoming a Brandy then Phill?     

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Jogon wrote: I can post a pick but it isn't seen. Just a paperclip thing at the top which I then need to click on, gives web link, then virus scan open? then see it.Dunno how phil d does it. Also some other helpful s.l. bod often puts up a visible map like on leo's recent secret back passages oppo corn-exch.How do they do that? Jogon,although initially attachments appeared in the body of posts, one of the blips that the site experienced in the dim and distant past ended that. They now appear as a broken place holder (in the case of Internet Explorer that happens to be the box with the red cross but both Firefox and Chrome display different). In order to display images in the post that actually display on the page (rather than appear in a popup after clicking on the red cross box) the image must be hosted somewhere else on t'interweb. you then need to insert the URL for wherever that is into UBB Image Tags (see the help menu at the top where you will also find out about smileys and bold text amongst other things.Clicking on the paperclip actually gives you the URL of where you uploaded the image to on the SL webserver. It appears to be 5886th image to be uploaded
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Trying the www.secretleeds.com address is currently at least bringing up a page on which it states "This domain has expired. If you owned this domain, contact your domain registration service provider for further assistance. If you need help identifying your provider, visit http://tucowsdomains.com."Thankfully www.secretleeds.co.uk is bringing up the Secret Leeds site.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.