Summat not quite correct?

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Seems to be well down this morning with the .com route dead. We've had this before was a problem with tht hosting server.Admin around anywhere???? Edit: smoke signals sent for help

liits

Post by liits »

I had the same problem on Sunday and it took me a while to be able to get back on [I'm also a Virgin customer]. And, I can't access SL from work today either and they're not Virgin customers.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

liits wrote: I had the same problem on Sunday and it took me a while to be able to get back on [I'm also a Virgin customer]. And, I can't access SL from work today either and they're not Virgin customers. It's the same as happened a couple of years ago liits, DNS not recognising the name - I've reported it 'case the provider is not in a rush

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

It's very quiet on here. No ones posting hardly anything. ChrisM messaged me to say he can't access the site.
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Phill_dvsn wrote: It's very quiet on here. No ones posting hardly anything. ChrisM messaged me to say he can't access the site. I think most people have the dot com (.com) version bookmarked rather than .co.uk The dot com domain name has been allowed to lapse, whether it be a fiscal issue or just not brilliantly organised housekeeping. If we can spread the word that we are still alive and kicking at http://www.secretleeds.co.uk we might have a few more returners and a little more life
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Glax

Post by Glax »

"Oh heck, was it something I said?" was my first thought when I first found my .com approach bounced back with an "unavailable" message.As a pretty recent newby - and a lot more recent than pretty, I`m afraid - I`ve been a bit nervous about manners and protocols in my first few postings so far.But in spite of my efforts, and careful reading of so many interesting threads on so many topics, have I transgressed and been found out? Has someone objected to that classroom photo with scruffy me near the front?Then a huge sigh of relief when I quickly swiched to .co.uk and got through, no problem if cetain section headings are avoided.So all is well and this addictive website is still open. Thanks for that, and please keep the fascinating postings going.Glax

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

So it was the dotcom all along? .co.uk all the way now.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

the problem is that a lot of people probably don't realise there is a co.uk domain and will think it is closed down.maybe a radio plug if someone can get radio aire or radio leeds to mention the wealth of information on the site?
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Steve Jones wrote: the problem is that a lot of people probably don't realise there is a co.uk domain and will think it is closed down.maybe a radio plug if someone can get radio aire or radio leeds to mention the wealth of information on the site? I've posted a response on the secret leeds 2 site for those who log in following simon's post. I've also alerted Admin.This has happened with one of two scenarios (scenariea??) occurs. One is with the log file buffer overload but the usual error message is absent. The other is with a change of server/hosting company until the DNS is updared with the new composite url. It don't mean the site name has lapsed - just not being recognised at its (possible) new home.Hopefully a couple of days will sort it out.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I've finally been able to get onto the SL website! My failure to get on started last evening and I've been trying on and off much of today. I kept getting a message that said the website does not exist (or at least the website address). I missed not being able to get on.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.