X Clothes Leeds. My New Romantic shame

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
franco

Post by franco »

Hello Rich T.You've guessed right. I am that old New Romantic.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Sad Backstud reportingLooking through the phone books I found X clothes on Call Lane in 1980 but not before then (anywhere in Leeds)My Dad a nice gent from Middleton always called a someone born outside wedlock a "Backstud"

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

chameleon wrote: Cardiarms wrote: I got a pair of pointy toed, buckled strap boots with zips up the backs from there. Wore them to death, re-heeled them a couple times, jingle jangled like santa's sleigh. Didn't they first set-up in the arcade which names has chosen to elude me at this moment, parallel to the County Arcade, named after the theatre which previously stood there. Carlo & Jeffery were opposite I think. Help! I'm not sure, all i can remeber down there was bankcupt clothing. And they did.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

You know what? I'm lying. I didn't get the boots at X clothes, that was the pvc trousers (hmm). I got the boots at Funny Wonder on the bottom end of Kirkgate.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Cardiarms wrote: You know what? I'm lying. I didn't get the boots at X clothes, that was the pvc trousers (hmm). I got the boots at Funny Wonder on the bottom end of Kirkgate. And we must re-mention Boodle-Am here too then.

DEE

Post by DEE »

The alternative clothing shop in the Empire aracade was called Other Clothes

franco

Post by franco »

Hey yes Other Clothes. Does anyone remember the name of the suave guy who used to work there? He once appeared in a fashion shoot in The Face magazine modelling a Blue Rondo A' La Turk zoot suit. I was so jealous i could have scratched his eyes out. It should have been me in my Bowie bags.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

DEE wrote: The alternative clothing shop in the Empire aracade was called Other Clothes Yes you're right - but I also have a memory that this might have undergone a name change to the one in question when it moved???

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Of course!Strange how a silver jubilee of cheap lager makes you forget.

DEE

Post by DEE »

X clothes was never in the Empire arcade. Just Other clothes. X clothes started off on the corn exchange side of Call Lane and then moved to the opposite side of the street,then eventually moved to Boar Lane.