Any one remember the Amnesia Club !?

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Geneva

Post by Geneva »

Anyone remember the Amnesia club? - it was on the corner of Boar Lane by the station. It went on to be the Observatory and then Flares. I think it was the Amnesia for only a short time - remember seeing Mark Almond (Soft Cell) in there once. Not sure but before being the Amnesia I think it was called Bistro 5 more of a coffee bar.Other places we used to go at the time were, Valentinos a bar down stairs from the precinct area off Briggate and Jacomellies which was a bar above the Bernie Inns restaurant.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Geneva wrote: Anyone remember the Amnesia club? - it was on the corner of Boar Lane by the station. It went on to be the Observatory and then Flares. I think it was the Amnesia for only a short time - remember seeing Mark Almond (Soft Cell) in there once. Not sure but before being the Amnesia I think it was called Bistro 5 more of a coffee bar.Other places we used to go at the time were, Valentinos a bar down stairs from the precinct area off Briggate and Jacomellies which was a bar above the Bernie Inns restaurant. What was it called again?
Industria Omnia Vincit

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Heh. I thought the title was a joke too.

Geneva

Post by Geneva »

Its just slipped my mind! lol!!

Geneva

Post by Geneva »

Geordie-exile wrote: Heh. I thought the title was a joke too. Realised the pun to late .........................

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

I dont remember it myself(no pun intended lol) but we covered it briefly here-http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messag ... ighLight=1
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

ceejaylufc

Post by ceejaylufc »

Loved Amnesia, used to go in there on a very regular basis in the early 80's and yep, met Marc Almond in there also , very happy days Also used to go into Valentinos as well.Out of Leeds centre it was Foxes and Sedans in Seacroft me and my mates used to go to, or some of the blues clubs in Chapeltown Road.Sorry jabbering off the subject tut

PC - Dublin

Post by PC - Dublin »

Remember what?

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Brandy wrote: I dont remember it myself(no pun intended lol) but we covered it briefly here-http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messag ... ighLight=1 In lost night clubs as I recall also Brandy and a few others too.

beast

Post by beast »

I remember Amnesia quite well ,can't say I ever saw Marc Almond in there though.Used to go to Foxes ? a lot ,next door to the Mexborough ( now 3 Hullats ) on Harrogate Rd.Madisons in town was probably my favourite though