Cockles and mussels

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Roundylad

Post by Roundylad »

You don't see men coming into pubs of a night with a basket full of cockles, mussles and whelks anymore.Probably a good thing. Those damned whelks have a lot to answer for!BTW I am new here, nice to see such a vibrant place     
Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bredStrong in t'arm, thick in t'ed

Si

Post by Si »

Welcome, Roundylad. I kept well clear of the whelks!I think we've touched on this subject before, either in one of the pub threads, or Things You Don't See Anymore.

Roundylad

Post by Roundylad »

Virtutis Fortuna Comes?Wasn't that the motto of the old Duke of Wellington's Regiment
Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bredStrong in t'arm, thick in t'ed

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Welcome to the site mate
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Si

Post by Si »

Roundylad wrote: Virtutis Fortuna Comes?Wasn't that the motto of the old Duke of Wellington's Regiment Yes. My great grandad was in the Dukes.PS Brandy mate. What happened to my avatar thingy???     

Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

Roundylad wrote: You don't see men coming into pubs of a night with a basket full of cockles, mussles and whelks anymore.Probably a good thing. Those damned whelks have a lot to answer for!BTW I am new here, nice to see such a vibrant place      They probably got fed up of being asked if they had crabs

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Roundylad wrote: You don't see men coming into pubs of a night with a basket full of cockles, mussles and whelks anymore.Probably a good thing. Those damned whelks have a lot to answer for!BTW I am new here, nice to see such a vibrant place      Cellar Bar opposite Batley Station, there's a black lad comes round on a Friday not usre about other nights.
Industria Omnia Vincit

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Si wrote: Roundylad wrote: Virtutis Fortuna Comes?Wasn't that the motto of the old Duke of Wellington's Regiment Yes. My great grandad was in the Dukes.PS Brandy mate. What happened to my avatar thingy???      My dad used to call them "the mucky Dukes" Didn't they mainly recruit fromt the Halifax area?
Industria Omnia Vincit

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Si i think its something to do with photobucket.When was the last time you logged into your photobucket account?Phill and some others on here have had some trouble with them also.
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Si

Post by Si »

Brandy wrote: Si i think its something to do with photobucket.When was the last time you logged into your photobucket account?Phill and some others on here have had some trouble with them also. Cheers Brandy. I last looked at my p'bucket account months ago. I don't remember my ID or password on it, and besides, I have a new e-mail address since then. Also, I have no luck getting into my Flickr account for the same reason. They've sent me a reminder of my password etc, but to the old (non-existant) e-mail address!