Goodbye National Excuse

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
dogduke

Post by dogduke »

cnosni wrote: dogduke wrote: raveydavey wrote: Not sure if I should post this here or on another thread, but our friends on Wellington Street have added a story about the disruption....illustrated with what is clearly a stock photo of some firefighters next to a DMU in Metro colours....oh dear!http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/Cha ... 5830871.jp Former workmate directed me to richardarmstrong.fotopic.netAce site for rail buffs with some excellent link.If you look at Warren Armstrongs snaps he has some of theNev Hill derailment richard is one of my colleagues Thought so - was trying to suss out ifyou were included in the snaps !
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

dogduke wrote: cnosni wrote: dogduke wrote: raveydavey wrote: Not sure if I should post this here or on another thread, but our friends on Wellington Street have added a story about the disruption....illustrated with what is clearly a stock photo of some firefighters next to a DMU in Metro colours....oh dear!http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/Cha ... 5830871.jp Former workmate directed me to richardarmstrong.fotopic.netAce site for rail buffs with some excellent link.If you look at Warren Armstrongs snaps he has some of theNev Hill derailment richard is one of my colleagues Thought so - was trying to suss out ifyou were included in the snaps ! No not yet,he needs a wider lens!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Blakey - like everyone else I'm glad to hear you made it to Belgium and back. Was in Spain myself last week, so missed the reports until able to catch up this evening.No culinary adventures then? I looked for something a bit different in Catalunya. Best I could come up with was pig trotter stuffed with a local recipe black sausage. Nearly got a doggie-bag to bring some back for you - I could have slipped it in front of you at the SLS Christmas Dinner - it would make a nice change from turkey!
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Uno Hoo wrote: Blakey No culinary adventures then? Nothing really adventurous, although on the last night we had a most fabulous Flemish beef stroganoff and that was beautiful, the tender meat fell apart almost before the knife touched and the stock/gravy was a dream. Cannot attend the SLS dinner this year unfortunately but hope for a good chat 'ere long anyhow.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Uno Hoo wrote: Blakey - like everyone else I'm glad to hear you made it to Belgium and back. Was in Spain myself last week, so missed the reports until able to catch up this evening.No culinary adventures then? I looked for something a bit different in Catalunya. Best I could come up with was pig trotter stuffed with a local recipe black sausage. Nearly got a doggie-bag to bring some back for you - I could have slipped it in front of you at the SLS Christmas Dinner - it would make a nice change from turkey! The black sausage is called Bottifara and really delicious. The white sausage is called sobrasada. I love Catalunya's food, Patatas Ali oli and Patatas Bravas too. I've eaten lovely tapas in that big square just off Las Ramblas in Barcelona. My wife also had her purse nicked on Las Ramblas too
Industria Omnia Vincit

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Trojan wrote: Uno Hoo wrote: Blakey - like everyone else I'm glad to hear you made it to Belgium and back. Was in Spain myself last week, so missed the reports until able to catch up this evening.No culinary adventures then? I looked for something a bit different in Catalunya. Best I could come up with was pig trotter stuffed with a local recipe black sausage. Nearly got a doggie-bag to bring some back for you - I could have slipped it in front of you at the SLS Christmas Dinner - it would make a nice change from turkey! The black sausage is called Bottifara and really delicious. The white sausage is called sobrasada. I love Catalunya's food, Patatas Ali oli and Patatas Bravas too. I've eaten lovely tapas in that big square just off Las Ramblas in Barcelona. My wife also had her purse nicked on Las Ramblas too Sorry to hear Mrs T joined the long list of theft victims in Barcelona - it happened to a good friend of ours, too - on the steps of the cathedral, no less. Mrs H and I managed to have everything well-battened down during our time in Barcelona, so only got robbed by modern Spanish prices. We stayed in Girona - very civilised city.
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Uno Hoo wrote: Trojan wrote: Uno Hoo wrote: Blakey - like everyone else I'm glad to hear you made it to Belgium and back. Was in Spain myself last week, so missed the reports until able to catch up this evening.No culinary adventures then? I looked for something a bit different in Catalunya. Best I could come up with was pig trotter stuffed with a local recipe black sausage. Nearly got a doggie-bag to bring some back for you - I could have slipped it in front of you at the SLS Christmas Dinner - it would make a nice change from turkey! The black sausage is called Bottifara and really delicious. The white sausage is called sobrasada. I love Catalunya's food, Patatas Ali oli and Patatas Bravas too. I've eaten lovely tapas in that big square just off Las Ramblas in Barcelona. My wife also had her purse nicked on Las Ramblas too Sorry to hear Mrs T joined the long list of theft victims in Barcelona - it happened to a good friend of ours, too - on the steps of the cathedral, no less. Mrs H and I managed to have everything well-battened down during our time in Barcelona, so only got robbed by modern Spanish prices. We stayed in Girona - very civilised city. We flew to Girona last Boxing Day, en route to a disastrous few days in Tossa de Mar.
Industria Omnia Vincit

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

tyke bhoy wrote: The chief exec of "East Coast" in an interview on the platform at York shown on tonights look north has said the ticket barriers at York won't be introduced on her watch. In an interview shown yesterday though she did say that her job is for a maximum of 2 years.I also had to chuckle at the 5.15 BBC national news which ran an article "headlined" only the livery has changed. Given a sizeable minority of NE trains I have see in and between Leeds and Wakefield Westgate stations have still been predominantly in the blue and red livery of GNER with NE stripes/tape strategically placed I can't think much of the livery will be changed to "East Coast" given the chief execs assertion it won't be around in 2 years time. Has the CE changed? East Coast has certainly lasted longer than the 2 years indicated and there is still no sign of a successor
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Answered my own question. Yes Elaine Holt does appear true to her word and is not around 2 years later Although I think at the time she was indicating that East Coast wouldn't be around in 2 years i.e. now rather than there would have been a change at the top.Or maybe not as this http://www.railpro.co.uk/magazine/?idArticles=30 suggests that CE and MD which in my opinion are virtually the same role existed in 2009!!    
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »