Old Meanwood Photo Exhibition.

Your favourite days out round Leeds
munki

Post by munki »

There is currently a great exhibition of photographs, old & new, of Meanwood, being held as part of the Meanwood Festival at Holy Trinity Church Meanwood.I'm afraid to say that I don't have the exact opening times, but the festival is on until the 12th of June, & if you call Vanessa (the festival co-ordinator) on 0113 3930600, she will let you know the opening times. It really is well worth the walk, & the church itself is a beautiful old building.The opening of the festival was also the launch of the '800 Trees' project, in which the public are being asked to plant 800 trees to mark the 800th anniversary of the city in a great, beneficial, beautiful way. Saplings (& a guidance pack on how / where / when to plant, & look after your tree) are provided by Park & Countryside for people to plant on their own land. To register your interest to plant a tree, & make a contribution to a greener future, go to www.celebrateleeds07.com/800treesPic is of me (on the right), representing the 18th Century in 'Leeds through the ages' (apparently!).
Attachments
__TFMF_buzphj455msevzzgcj1uzq55_88a39c2d-1b3d-45c4-ae5f-8f853d1bb6ae_0_MaintainAspect.jpg
__TFMF_buzphj455msevzzgcj1uzq55_88a39c2d-1b3d-45c4-ae5f-8f853d1bb6ae_0_MaintainAspect.jpg (42.51 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

You look like the Melbourne 'courtier'!!!!
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

munki

Post by munki »

So I do! I hadn't thought of that at all...
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.