Places to explore
Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Pete, you know Pete!
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

The fountains are great.Work fine in the winter months,but come summer they seem to go to nothing.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

BLAKEY wrote: rangieowner wrote: Just a thought, could the workings of the fountains that now reside in City Square be housed in these old Bogs?? Pumps, Pipes and the like have to be put somewhere!!     For Pete's sake don't let all the happy lunchtime picniccers and pigeons hear that little theory Rangie - it'll shatter an idyllic illusion !! Never mind Pete, they'll just take the P*** The works are in that big granite box structure half way across the square, next to the road opposite QH, at least that's where tyou see guys peering and scratching heads when the fountains stop by there own!

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

chameleon wrote: BLAKEY wrote: rangieowner wrote: Just a thought, could the workings of the fountains that now reside in City Square be housed in these old Bogs?? Pumps, Pipes and the like have to be put somewhere!!     For Pete's sake don't let all the happy lunchtime picniccers and pigeons hear that little theory Rangie - it'll shatter an idyllic illusion !! Never mind Pete, they'll just take the P*** The works are in that big granite box structure half way across the square, next to the road opposite QH, at least that's where tyou see guys peering and scratching heads when the fountains stop by there own! If they are council men there will be one peering and nine scratching there heads.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Lilysmum wrote: chameleon wrote: 'the toilets was there with a light still on and all working perfect.'If the light was still on, one heck of a lamp bulb - where d'you buy them? You don't!!! they've been banned! only the rubbish eco friendly low energy bulbs allowed now. my missus hates those eco warrior bulbs,she says they make your house seem like 10 rillington place!
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

BIG N

Post by BIG N »

tyke bhoy wrote: BLAKEY wrote: ads wrote: Certainly are. Thanks to everyone for sorting this out - its a RELIEF to know what's what Notice the lady on the Majestic parapet keeping an eye on things. Geordie Exile is tryin to find out what happened to that lady. 'appen she got fed up of blushing Well looking at that photo it would appear there are even more statues that need locating now - quite apart from the two figures who stood on the enterance of the Majestic it would seem there were four more in the square - two on the ballustrades of each set of toilets.Wonder who they were and where they went ??

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

BIG N wrote: Well looking at that photo it would appear there are even more statues that need locating now - quite apart from the two figures who stood on the enterance of the Majestic it would seem there were four more in the square - two on the ballustrades of each set of toilets.Wonder who they were and where they went ?? They are the same four statues which are in the square today, but they have been moved to their present positions. They are Joseph Priestley, Dean Hook (Bishop of Leeds), James Watt and John Harrison.I have a few photos of City Square, including all four statues with a bit of info about them, here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/tasa_m/set ... 26/detail/    

A little birdy

Post by A little birdy »

Whatever happened to these supposed pictures of the toilets under city square then?It has gone quiet on that front now!

biggee99

Post by biggee99 »

Lilysmum wrote: chameleon wrote: 'the toilets was there with a light still on and all working perfect.'If the light was still on, one heck of a lamp bulb - where d'you buy them? You don't!!! they've been banned! only the rubbish eco friendly low energy bulbs allowed now. Its has been know for the old light bulbs to last a very long time we had on in our old hose must have been the same bulb for over 10 years
biggee

BIG N

Post by BIG N »

Tasa wrote: They are the same four statues which are in the square today, but they have been moved to their present positions. They are Joseph Priestley, Dean Hook (Bishop of Leeds), James Watt and John Harrison.I have a few photos of City Square, including all four statues with a bit of info about them, here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/tasa_m/set ... 26/detail/     Confession time here Tasa, until I read this thread then took a closer look when passing through City square I hadn't realised there were 4 statues standing in front of the old post office building.Having seen them I guessed they would be the same four from the toilet enterances.Just goes to show how we sometimes go round with our eyes half closed LOL