Temple Newsam Tunnel

Places to explore
Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Please forgive me if this has been covered somewhere, I've been away a while! Is there a tunnel that connects St Marys Church on the A63 Selby Road, with Temple NNewsam? I heard a rumour and wanted to know! Thanks, Deb.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I went round the house at Samhain on a ghost hunt which included going down into the extensive cellars on a guided tour and the same question cropped up. No tunnels to anywhere I am afraid!Lovely big spooky cellars though.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Ooh, thanks for that Steve! Question answered then! Who organised the Samhain trip then? Sorry, I'm nosey!! My little group has decided that this years Samhain will be spent wandering around the canal towpath at Rodley, ghosthunting with our new infra red camcorder!!! There is a young girl called Emily who wanders around there, she's about 11 and also a young boy called Freddy, who is 6. We normally dress up and do a bit of wandering about, then home for the supper and honouring our ancestors etc, so this year will be quite a change. Debx

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Temple newsam organised it themselves leeds Lass.i too apart from being a Pagan am fond of ghosthunting (I also do the Weird Wakefield walks when booked).I am going to Wakefield Theatre Royal this Samhain on a vigil.

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Ooh, keep me posted on how that goes Steve, won't you? Me and 3 friends have formed a ghost hunting group and have created a Haunted Leeds group on Facebook. We've been to Kirkstall Abbey, Temple Newsam and this last tues night, to our mates factory in Harehills. It is supposed to have been a cinema long ago. We got some very interesting stuff with the night vision palmcorder. 2 orbs, a very odd voice answering one of my questions on the Ouija board and when one of the lads asked for spirit to make a loud bang, the sound of whistling floated down from upstairs! We were in the pitch black, save for a little led lantern to see the board by. What's worse is, there's not a bit of natural light in there! So when I say pitch black, I mean it! Couldn't see a hand in front of you!!!Caught some good stuff in the grounds of Tempy the week before too, dancing orbs and someone just standing there, at the end of the hedge, which was only shown up on the vid, due to camera flashes going off. We didn't see it til we got home. It's all there on Facebook if you're a member? Blessed Be!

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I don't belong (or want to belong) to Facebook Leeds Lass. Are you aware there is a ghost Towns group on Meetup? this seems to have a lot of members.I was over in the Golden Fleece and Black swan in York the other week. Both are haunted and worth checking out if you get a chance.