A spooky looking block of concrete!

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

A spooky looking block of concrete!

Post by Leodian »

This is just meant to be a bit of fun but curious! During a stroll on August 24 2020 I spotted a spooky-looking block of concrete (see the attached photo). It was close to the water works in Scotland Wood (Alwoodley) but I suspect it had nothing to do with the works. On trying to move the block it was clearly very heavy so I did not lift it. I occasionally walk around here and don't recall seeing the obvious block before so it seems that it might have been dumped here but if so it seems pointless to have gone to the trouble of carrying such a very heavy block. The 'eyes' look as if they might have had posts stuck into them.
SpookyBlockNearWaterWorksScotlandWoodAlwoodleyAug242020..jpg
SpookyBlockNearWaterWorksScotlandWoodAlwoodleyAug242020..jpg (272.22 KiB) Viewed 986 times
Last edited by Leodian on Thu 27 Aug, 2020 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

warringtonrhino

Re: A spooky looking block of cement!

Post by warringtonrhino »

Is it attached to the ground ''a rolling stone gathers no moss'' ?
It looks like one of those concrete blocks used as a base for temporary fencing.
One fence panel in each socket. It does look as if it has been there long enough for the vegetation to take hold.

Leodian

Re: A spooky looking block of cement!

Post by Leodian »

warringtonrhino wrote:
Wed 26 Aug, 2020 3:52 pm
Is it attached to the ground ''a rolling stone gathers no moss'' ?
It looks like one of those concrete blocks used as a base for temporary fencing.
One fence panel in each socket. It does look as if it has been there long enough for the vegetation to take hold.
Hi warringtonrhino :).

The block was not attached to the ground but it was clearly very heavy (well for my weak muscles!) when I did try to move/lift it. As I mentioned unless I have just never noticed it before I do not recall ever seeing it but if it has been deliberately put there it does seem a rather pointless thing to do if it had been brought from elsewhere! I agree that it does look like a concrete block into which 2 posts from such as a fence could have been placed.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.