X Clothes Leeds. My New Romantic shame

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Madeline

Re: X Clothes Leeds. My New Romantic shame

Post by Madeline »

I remember X Clothes, I think it was Call Lane, I bought loads of stuff after we'd been around the pubs, still got some of it, clothes, pirate boots, and a skull lamp. A lad called Eddie from Filey used to work there. Later the shop moved to bigger premises on Boar Lane. Later there was Caine's shop on Boar lane, the other side further down, I got black shiney boots from there and some spikes and jewellery, I remember Funny Wonder, a lot of vintage stuff, I got some 60's extreme pointy patent red and black ankle boots, Rezillo style, and there was Other Clothes in the arcade, I've still got a dress from there too.

francof

Post by francof »

Hi Madeline. Thanks for resurrecting my ancient thread. Bizarrely I only re- registered back on to Secret Leeds on Monday after an absence of nearly ten years. So you can imagine my shock and delight when logging on this morning and seeing it's return. How very (Steve) strange.

Madeline

Post by Madeline »

I wasn't a new romantic, more of an independent alternative spirit, I used to go to PIPS in Manchester, there were a few Romantics there, I still have my membership card with faded photo.

Jan B

Post by Jan B »

I bought a few clothes from X Clothes many years ago -.pair of black bondage trousers and a black 'new romantic ' type shirt - still got it in the back of my wardrobe ! I remember I knew a young guy who worked there for a while by the name of Stuart