Secret Leeds Website

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
iansmithofotley

Secret Leeds Website

Post by iansmithofotley »

Please could someone advise me if there has been a problem with the Secret Leeds website. I have been trying to log in for many weeks now, but without success. I also noticed that there have not been many posts recently or any responses.

Every time I tried to log in I got the message 'The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting it again'. Trying again never worked and I got the same message.

I tried to use the 'Contact Us' facility on the website and was unsuccessful and got 'Invalid' messages regarding my Email address.

I tried to re-register to the website but was unable to do so as it stated that my Email address was already in use and could not be used. I am not prepared to change my Email address just because Secret Leeds will not accept it.

I contacted a friend, who is also a member of Secret Leeds, to see if he had any problems logging in. I found that he was in exactly the same situation as myself and could not log in. He tried everything that I had tried but without success.

I have an Imac, a MacBook and an Ipad. None of these devices have worked to get on to the website. Purely by chance, tonight, I tried again with the IPad (which I am using now, to write this message) and managed to log in.

I wondered why I have had these problems and if others have experienced the same.

It would be helpful if the website had a proper 'Contact' Email address so that members could contact the Administrators/Moderators, directly by Email, instead of using the 'Contact Us' facility, on the website as that doesn't work.

Ian

blackprince

Re: Secret Leeds Website

Post by blackprince »

I had exactly the same problem for the last 2 months Ian.I expect we are not the only ones.
I contacted the site admin here indirectly via staff at Leodis last Sunday. That may have done the trick because we appear to be posting to each other again. :D
John
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

TABBYCAT

Post by TABBYCAT »

No problems from my end to be honest. A problem with your ISP or firewall settings perhaps? Or maybe just the Mac software causing a problem,I use a combination of PC's some with windows others Linux and don't seem to have these kind of problems so maybe an apple thing?
Last edited by TABBYCAT on Mon 20 Apr, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Hi Ian. The login issue has been intermittent but the new colour scheme appears to have fixed it. DCSO has decided functionality (it works) outweighs appearance ( the SL red design). Hopefully the new look is temporary and we will be back to the familiar look soon but only if the login issue is resolved.

Regards

Martin
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

TABBYCAT

Post by TABBYCAT »

The "new" look is the standard look for this type of forum software.
Two other forums I'm on use it and have no problems.
Last edited by TABBYCAT on Mon 20 Apr, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Browser, platform, ISP and Firewall may all have influenced whether you were able to post but the underlying issue appears to be customizations to the "out of the box" software the SL forum runs on. Hence the back to basics colour scheme.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

TABBYCAT

Post by TABBYCAT »

So leave it as it is,just a thought. ;)

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

Thank you all for your replies.

Ian

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

I have not had problems myself, but am all for whatever format gives the most reliable results. Rather an old banger that works than a Ferrari that breaks down and keeps running out of petrol

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

I was having problems myself. On the bright side, so were the spammers. One positive side effect of the new look is that it's got rid of the empty boxes and other odd bits.