Scrap yards - Water Lane

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Roundhay

Post by Roundhay »

chez72 wrote: hi mel75My grandad was john jarrett and i remember growing up and my dad (george jarrett) mentioning the scrap metal business. Thankyou so much for the link to the picture of the old water lane building, i would be so interested to hear anything that you know about it. Although I never remember meeting him, John Jarrett was my uncle which would make your dad my cousin. Would love to hear any news from your part of the family. I hope that you are all well and in good health.

Roundhay

Post by Roundhay »

mel75 wrote: I have ties with Water Lane as one of my relatives owned a Scrapyard on there until the 1970's called 'Ron Jarrett Ltd., Scrap Metal Merchants'. Don't know much about it really or how long they were trading from there. I have only been able to find these pictures on Leodis. Does anyone remember it or have any photos at all??http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?reso ... 899_167213 I have ties to Water Lane too as my dad was Ron Jarrett. I can remember some things about Water Lane, but more about the days after he moved the business to Westland Square. Sadly he died in 1975. Happy to share details with you if you'd like to know more as I'm guessing that we must be related :-)

Lorri61

Re: Scrap yards - Water Lane

Post by Lorri61 »

Hi are users mel75 and chez72 still around? would like to get in touch with them both regarding the family tree.
Cheers Lorri

Lorri61

Post by Lorri61 »

I am trying to find information about John Jarrett and his family. Please get in touch if you see this.
Cheers

Lorri61

Post by Lorri61 »

Hi could any family of the Jarretts contact me please.

Chez1972

Post by Chez1972 »

Hi lorri...im chez1972, john jarrett was my grandad and george was my dad although both are now deceased i have a brother andrew who knows a bit about the family x

Lorri61

Post by Lorri61 »

Hi thanks for your reply, would you mind if we talk off the forum?

Chez1972

Post by Chez1972 »

Hi u can contact me through the email [email protected] xx

LeedsTink

Re:

Post by LeedsTink »

chez72 wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2012 9:20 pm
jogon....my grandad was john jarrett and ron was his brother but not sure if its the same one.....my grandad is on the photo of hunslet rugby team!!!!....i never met him but thankyou for the link to the photo, my dad looks just like him
Your Grandad was my Uncle and Ron was my Dad.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

In the 1950 / 60s there was a small scrapyard just at the beginning of water lane by the Bridgend cafe opp. the Red Lion Pub and the man who ran it was called Brian (?) he lived in a Caravan down there just by the river