Woodhouse Feast / Armley Feast etc.

The green spaces and places of Leeds
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

The deleted messages are nothing to do with admin - and you're quite right it is rather confusing.Let me know if you want me to delete any threads.dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

simonm

Post by simonm »

dsco wrote: The deleted messages are nothing to do with admin - and you're quite right it is rather confusing.Let me know if you want me to delete any threads.dsco BUT you did ban her didn't you???
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

simonm

Post by simonm »

I take it no response is forthecoming?
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hi Simon,Apologies - didn't spot your question there. Yes we did ban her.Cheers,dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

simonm

Post by simonm »

seems very strange that a person is banned, for no real reason and the nall the posts is a particualr threead dissapear as well...You don't wear a black suit and drive round in a ford Lincoln continental by any chance???

fred miller

Post by fred miller »

hi armley feast was cancilled at last min due to the fact that marshall waddington decided to book the fair with the showmens guild and not turn up since then he and other tenents of the fair have billed for not attending
ftmiller

liits

Post by liits »

Crossgates had its own mini-feast. Comprised mostly of stalls [roll the penny, hoop the bottle, one armed bandits] and only ever one ride which was a waltzer.Held on the waseland beside the station [site of the Ritz cinema] it came to an end with the building of the Blockbuster video / Currys store, now M&S sometime in the 80's [82?].

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Did the feast really run for so long? I remember being taken as a youngster in the late 50's - early 60's, the Ritz closing I think in '65. I don't remember the feast running much after that,

liits

Post by liits »

Towards the end of the feast, ie the late 70's and I think 1980, the Crossgates "feast" didn't happen, but it certainly did in 82, because that was the last year in which I competed at the Civil Service Sports Day at Chiswick and the coach dropped us off outside the Arndale and we went in the Station pub and got pi***d then went on the waltzer before continuing on to the Devon to top up the drink.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Looks like you're a long way from home these days liits. was it a few undulating turns on the waltzer after The Station that helped make room for the further offerings from The Devon by any chance!!