The dreaded FIRST BUS!

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Purple slug on the no.4 route again Tuesday 11 amFoundry Approach
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

They aren't disguising the standard bendy-buses again are they? Since the 95 route became obsolete the ones disguised to look similar to CentreBus (now Yorkshire Tiger) vehicles have disappeared and unless I'm missing them there are a lot less of those in the standard first livery about too. I see the occasional one on the 1 route but a long way from the original situation when almost every bus on the service was a bendy.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

headingleylad

Post by headingleylad »

Passed two of Boris's new buses in the red London livery with three doors, travelling east bound on the M62 yesterday, one near Huddersfield and the other one near Morley. Where would they be coming from and travelling to on the M62?
Lived in Leeds all my life, Cookridge Headingley

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

headingleylad - yes that's a strange sighting but as the bodies are built in Ballymena, Northern Ireland they may have arrived at Fleetwood Docks and be on their way to London. I have seen brand new Wrights London buses arriving there by ferry. However what you saw seems a long way east to get from Fleetwood to London ?? - unless they were about to join the M1 southbound ??    
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

BLAKEY wrote: headingleylad - yes that's a strange sighting but as the bodies are built in Ballymena, Northern Ireland they may have arrived at Fleetwood Docks and be on their way to London. I have seen brand new Wrights London buses arriving there by ferry. However what you saw seems a long way east to get from Fleetwood to London ?? - unless they were about to join the M1 southbound ??     Unless Worst have 'borrowed' a couple in their continuing attempts to derail Cllr Lewis's folleybus?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

raveydavey wrote: BLAKEY wrote: headingleylad - yes that's a strange sighting but as the bodies are built in Ballymena, Northern Ireland they may have arrived at Fleetwood Docks and be on their way to London. I have seen brand new Wrights London buses arriving there by ferry. However what you saw seems a long way east to get from Fleetwood to London ?? - unless they were about to join the M1 southbound ??     Unless Worst have 'borrowed' a couple in their continuing attempts to derail Cllr Lewis's folleybus? Well believe it or not raveydavey, friends who still work there tell me that there is an official notice that they may be or are ordering some. As they have misguidely banned two door buses how will they explain these with THREE doors, and people leaping off in the middle of the road in traffic - oh and don't forget the expensive conductors - what with that and the purple slug disaster with conductors on the 72 route OPO will soon be a thing of the past in Leeds & First territory - Grrrrrrr
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

headingleylad

Post by headingleylad »

They were definitely in London Transport Livery with the circle & Line symbol on the side. I would have thought that if they were going from Fleetwood to London they would have gone down the M6. Unless such as First are trying to show them to the Metro, or they are going somewhere else on route to have fitments fitted.
Lived in Leeds all my life, Cookridge Headingley

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

[quotenick="BLAKEY] Well believe it or not raveydavey, friends who still work there tell me that there is an official notice that they may be or are ordering some. As they have misguidely banned two door buses how will they explain these with THREE doors, and people leaping off in the middle of the road in traffic - oh and don't forget the expensive conductors - what with that and the purple slug disaster with conductors on the 72 route OPO will soon be a thing of the past in Leeds & First territory - Grrrrrrr ]My God Blakey long time since I have heard those OPO initials although I was always an OMO driver, maybe not politically correct but we had the nicer ties.    
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

headingleylad wrote: They were definitely in London Transport Livery with the circle & Line symbol on the side. I would have thought that if they were going from Fleetwood to London they would have gone down the M6. Unless such as First are trying to show them to the Metro, or they are going somewhere else on route to have fitments fitted. I would imagine that the buses arrive from the factory more or less complete, but any further "fitting out" would be likely to be done nearer the Capital. Of course it is possible that more money could be wasted by diverting them here to show to Metro - why not deliver the buses direct to London and let the Metro people nip down for a day or two to examine them ?? - that's if they want a real chuckle at Boris's expensive mobile farces !!

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

buffaloskinner wrote: My God Blakey long time since I have heard those OPO initials although I was always an OMO driver, maybe not politically correct but we had the nicer ties.     Indeed you're right there - the dark green nylon shirts and gold woollen ties I thought were really smart - and serviceable too in not showing the inevitable soiling from working in the bus environment, especially in hot weather.