Melbourne Brewery Signs

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
book

Post by book »

The pictures are on?
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

jim

Post by jim »

Melbourne, click on to (depending on your set up) the "submit query" or the red cross to show picture.

BIG N

Post by BIG N »

Si wrote: Just passed the Beech, too early for a pint. I think the courtesans in the windows are original, and not repainted. I'm not even sure if they are painted, or whether they are some sort of transfer. The gold parts look like gold leaf they are so bright. The fact that they look so new is probably down to good workmanship. Si - been passed the Beech and the Crown today and I'm sad to report that both are now closed and being re-developed.Whats even worse is the old windows have all been ripped out of the Beech and replaced by clear glass white pvc units, the ones in the Crown are boarded up at the moment so can't tell what the state of play is there.Seems more Melbourne history has been lost / destroyed.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

BIG N wrote: Si wrote: Just passed the Beech, too early for a pint. I think the courtesans in the windows are original, and not repainted. I'm not even sure if they are painted, or whether they are some sort of transfer. The gold parts look like gold leaf they are so bright. The fact that they look so new is probably down to good workmanship. Si - been passed the Beech and the Crown today and I'm sad to report that both are now closed and being re-developed.Whats even worse is the old windows have all been ripped out of the Beech and replaced by clear glass white pvc units, the ones in the Crown are boarded up at the moment so can't tell what the state of play is there.Seems more Melbourne history has been lost / destroyed. Thats a real shame - the Beech windows were perhaps the best examples surviving. The Crown only a Melbourne sign surviving - any windows it may have once had are long gone.
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

BIG N wrote: Si wrote: Just passed the Beech, too early for a pint. I think the courtesans in the windows are original, and not repainted. I'm not even sure if they are painted, or whether they are some sort of transfer. The gold parts look like gold leaf they are so bright. The fact that they look so new is probably down to good workmanship. Si - been passed the Beech and the Crown today and I'm sad to report that both are now closed and being re-developed.Whats even worse is the old windows have all been ripped out of the Beech and replaced by clear glass white pvc units, the ones in the Crown are boarded up at the moment so can't tell what the state of play is there.Seems more Melbourne history has been lost / destroyed. I passed these today to check - Big N , you have confused the Crown the Beech - they're the other way round to what you think! Both have been closed for some time but hopefully the precious Beech windows are still ok    
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Wooden crate in the 'Crowd of Favours', Harper Street
Attachments
2013-07-03 12.44.51 (Large).jpg
2013-07-03 12.44.51 (Large).jpg (269.08 KiB) Viewed 3248 times

MELBOURNE

Post by MELBOURNE »

Just been in the GAPING GOOSE at garforth, three MELBOURNE mirrors (originals) and some intresting melbourne related windows within the doors inside, will go back as soon as i can with camera..
Attachments
leeds 063.jpg
leeds 063.jpg (97.21 KiB) Viewed 3248 times

MELBOURNE

Post by MELBOURNE »

Here`s a cracking melbourne label.
Attachments
MELBOURNE 019.jpg
MELBOURNE 019.jpg (95 KiB) Viewed 3248 times

MELBOURNE

Post by MELBOURNE »

Love this photo..