Competition - Gaslamps

Leeds by gaslight. Let's make a record of them all, before they go.
Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Armley Mills - probably electric

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Whoops
Attachments
__TFMF_zleldmqdlpawti55130gfq3p_1e10b2b3-9ddd-4196-ae31-ec49b116731d_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_zleldmqdlpawti55130gfq3p_1e10b2b3-9ddd-4196-ae31-ec49b116731d_0_main.jpg (559.21 KiB) Viewed 2248 times

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Theres also one in a bush outside the Armley Canal Road Ticket office.

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Croggy wrote: rangieowner wrote: Is there not a gas lamp pole near the entrance to Manston Park on Austhorp Road in Xgates??? Is there? I'll have a look - I always thought that that was something else ...I thought there was one (not working) on one of the streets near Manston church, but might be mistaken, I'll maybe take a walk this weekend. Looking again, it is very tall, very tall indeed! What is that?????
Love a Landrover

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

rangieowner wrote: Croggy wrote: rangieowner wrote: Is there not a gas lamp pole near the entrance to Manston Park on Austhorp Road in Xgates??? Is there? I'll have a look - I always thought that that was something else ...I thought there was one (not working) on one of the streets near Manston church, but might be mistaken, I'll maybe take a walk this weekend. Looking again, it is very tall, very tall indeed! What is that????? Might be wrong but thinking I remember something, not a lamp post, too tall, and with a decorated top - reminds me of and old-type sewer ventilation stack which used to be quite common years back. Must have another look too.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

chameleon wrote: rangieowner wrote: Croggy wrote: rangieowner wrote: Is there not a gas lamp pole near the entrance to Manston Park on Austhorp Road in Xgates??? Is there? I'll have a look - I always thought that that was something else ...I thought there was one (not working) on one of the streets near Manston church, but might be mistaken, I'll maybe take a walk this weekend. Looking again, it is very tall, very tall indeed! What is that????? Might be wrong but thinking I remember something, not a lamp post, too tall, and with a decorated top - reminds me of and old-type sewer ventilation stack which used to be quite common years back. Must have another look too. Had a look at this today - it is what I remember, my earliest memory of it is from days of visiting the slide and swings though it is clearly much older.Coming back to this again - I've just remembered there was one of these outside my Gran's old house (dating from about 1925), so could have been quite common at one time.I'm sure it was a ventilation stack, too small to be for anything other than a sewer though no longer serving that purpose, the little hatch at the bottom is long gone and the inards well made-up with soil and rubble. No old looking inspection chambers or anything look to suggest the presence of a sewrwe or tank nearby, just the newrer ones some way a way.    

leeds_girlie

Post by leeds_girlie »

I'm really sorry if this has been on before...I've read through and I don't think so. But I got MEGA excited at this little beaut on the edge of someone's driveway on Grosvenor Road, just off Headingley Lane...Please tell me this is part of an old gas lamp or I'll feel like a right idiot.

leeds_girlie

Post by leeds_girlie »

And here's the actual picture...sorry, never done this before!

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Hi leeds girlie if your using FireFox it wont upload your pic love,you will have to go over to IE to post it.    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

leeds_girlie

Post by leeds_girlie »

ARGH Vodafone dongle I hate you...