What & Where? Birthday Special

How well do you know Leeds?
Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Well i'm going to have a stab at the corner of Commercial street/Lands lane. I can see the lie of the land is slightly different, but i think this was an artists sketch of the proposed design for the building rather than an accurate scale drawing perhaps. I think the white building in munki's pic next door still survives today. (was a record shop i think) near the Leeds library buildings. It looks too familiar.            
Attachments
__TFMF_wxw4fwz5k0vqtk55d1d5avjn_c3910a25-c3d5-40dd-9b95-7ff01af5032e_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_wxw4fwz5k0vqtk55d1d5avjn_c3910a25-c3d5-40dd-9b95-7ff01af5032e_0_main.jpg (88.1 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Attachments
__TFMF_wxw4fwz5k0vqtk55d1d5avjn_e1572a7d-8d1a-4ad7-ba22-5959e3b94ddd_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_wxw4fwz5k0vqtk55d1d5avjn_e1572a7d-8d1a-4ad7-ba22-5959e3b94ddd_0_main.jpg (40.24 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Cant help thinking that the building to the left looks a bit like the Leeds Library does now. I really hope you got this Phill as It's doing my head in!

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

LS1 wrote: Cant help thinking that the building to the left looks a bit like the Leeds Library does now. I really hope you got this Phill as It's doing my head in! no argument here ls1
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

It's doing my head in as well mate.We need to guess it before Friday or we miss getting munki to dig his hand in his pocket for the free pint he promised. I suppose we could all look on google earth for every street corner and narrow it down that way.. Wow.. it wasn't so long ago i'd be out on the town hell raising on a Friday night     

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

thats called age philip...pipe,slippers cardigan and packet of werthers originals for you soon old chap.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

wiggy wrote: thats called age philip...pipe,slippers cardigan and packet of werthers originals for you soon old chap. yes i defy the pipe & slippers age thing 99% of the time , but you gotta admit it aint half cosy when the nights are cold out lol     

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Phill_d wrote: wiggy wrote: thats called age philip...pipe,slippers cardigan and packet of werthers originals for you soon old chap. yes i defy the pipe & slippers age thing 99% of the time , but you gotta admit it aint half cosy when the nights are cold out lol      You forgot to mention the chair from shackletons you know,easy to get in and out of and available in a number fabrics for you to choose.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Phill_d wrote: wiggy wrote: thats called age philip...pipe,slippers cardigan and packet of werthers originals for you soon old chap. yes i defy the pipe & slippers age thing 99% of the time , but you gotta admit it aint half cosy when the nights are cold out lol      true mate,very true...looks like we're the only ones in tonight too,probably all at those disk-o-teks or wherever it is these younglings go...send 'em int army thats wat i say ! ruddy ooligans.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

wiggy wrote: Phill_d wrote: wiggy wrote: thats called age philip...pipe,slippers cardigan and packet of werthers originals for you soon old chap. yes i defy the pipe & slippers age thing 99% of the time , but you gotta admit it aint half cosy when the nights are cold out lol      true mate,very true...looks like we're the only ones in tonight too,probably all at those disk-o-teks or wherever it is these younglings go...send 'em int army thats wat i say ! ruddy ooligans. No,no,no - they're all at the Mecca with Jimmy Saville and his gramaphone!I wonder if Munki knows there's a name for people like him who inflict pain and suffering like this on us with things like this thread - and it doesn't start with 'M' for Munki or 'F' for friend, 'S' maybe! You know you know youve seen it before but you haven't a clue where - every image I see has the wrong number of chimneys, wrong number of floors, wrong number of windows....Munki didn't actually say yes when it was suggested his statement indicated this place still exists, but then he didn't say no either - I'm wondering if this picture was a proposal for a building which was then built to another design, and thus 'still stands'?