What & Where? 30

How well do you know Leeds?
tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

munki wrote: Sorry, wasn't having a go! Good points. Yes. The picture is not 'current'. I think I took it in about 2004 or 5.The vertical windows over the entrance are different from anything at St Anne's (I think...) & should be / would be the feature that is recognisable from outside the building. I know you weren't having a go.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

munki

Post by munki »

Phill_d wrote: Mate i was going to stick my oar in but i thought better of it.. I shall reflect on my musings & post later.. mmm. this church???? Get that oar oiled up & stuck in! Which church? Was that an answer to the question..?
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

I was gonna have a stab at St Aidans on Roundhay road but thats got a curved front.. Still it's on the same grand scale.
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

munki

Post by munki »

Other side of the city... kind of. West.
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Ok.. Is that plywood i can see covering the doors over.. I take it the place was closed at the time?
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

munki

Post by munki »

Yeah. It has been closed for worship for a long time. At the time the picture was taken, it was closed to pretty much everyone & everything, other than pigeons.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

i know those windows....is it st urbans?
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

munki

Post by munki »

Nope!

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

st cyprians with st james has the same windows...only thats in east leeds...i'll keep thinking..

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

st cyprians with st james has the same windows...only thats in east leeds...i'll keep thinking..