What and where 3.

How well do you know Leeds?
Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Think we need some more clues for this one Parksider.These cryptic puzzles aren't too easy. It's easy enough to find out facts and history. But to look inside someones head to see how their brain was working isn't too easy. I can't find a google app for it anywhere It's a bit like humming the bass line to a song and wanting someone else to guess it. We can hear the full song in our head clearly, but the other person just hears the 'Dum, dum, dum, bfffft' (That was Lennon's deliberately poor bass playing on ''The Long and Winding Road'' if you didn't already guess it by the way) Anymore clues please?     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

If she came back to walk from this place to the corner, she may look a bit fancy?

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Hey.. where did your latest clue come from? It wasn't there seconds ago!It's a mystery     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Temple works?

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Temple works? Nope, but HOT HOT HOT with that shot of fine Portland Stone......1. A cup with 4 handles2. Mock Corinthian Architecture3. Once full of sisters4. Brothers were just around a famous city corner5. Brothers and sisters BOTH in the country now6. Fancy looking people walk by this place.....7. ....With the cup with four handlesMaybe pop up and take us one of your great pictures of the cup and the facade Phil if your passing and of a mind........For those who now know it add a clue.Don't worry about these being "too hard" clues will come until it's a giveaway.That's the beauty, all will get it in time.Phil is a couple of miles or so off - but only in a geographical sense.                

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I have a thought as to where this may be but some of my cryptic connections are very tenuous. After thinking I had solved another recentish W&W based on what I thought were good cryptic connections but I was wrong so I am not going to give my possible answer to this one as I am almost sure again to be wrong (though I would not bank on it).Would I be right The Parksider in saying it has 2 four handled cups? If not then I am wrong, though I will still state what I thought it was and why when the correct answer is given.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Can I just about see the trains from here?
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Leodian wrote: I have a thought as to where this may be but some of my cryptic connections are very tenuous. Would I be right The Parksider in saying it has 2 four handled cups? If not then I am wrong, though I will still state what I thought it was and why when the correct answer is given. The clues are not actually that cryptic when looked at in unison.There's a magnificent four handled cup and whilst there are others they are only in relief.Age Quod Agis Leo......

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Johnny39 wrote: Can I just about see the trains from here? Not really, the district station is at the opposite corner of the district where we are trying to identify the place.So start at the station but work as far away from it within the district as you can.

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

Think I might have been barking up the wrong religion. The sisters thing threw me there. I was thinking of convent. There are only a couple of Leeds locations with the word 'corner' included in them - unless somebody tells me a few more - and this one is not the Moortown kind. So it's the other one. Midway between two bastions of the establishment. Empty buildings fit. And the fact that both sexes have done a moonlight flit to pastures new.The latin did it. But the four handled cup is still a mystery.