Where can you find this

How well do you know Leeds?
tilly

Post by tilly »

Its to the east side of town.
Attachments
004.JPG
004.JPG (93.52 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I'm looking forward to the answer. When I first saw the photo I immediately thought it seemed familiar, but where I thought it is it is not (I won't say where, so not allowing folk to save time if they do random Google Street view searching! ).
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Leodian wrote: I'm looking forward to the answer. When I first saw the photo I immediately thought it seemed familiar, but where I thought it is it is not (I won't say where, so not allowing folk to save time if they do random Google Street view searching! ). Thanks for your reply Leodian i was thinking it was a dead duck a hundred and twenty views and no replys.I know this was the same with you i had no idea where your photograph was taken so did not reply keep up the good work.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Could it be close to the Parish Church? A.K.A. LEEDS MINSTER

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

I never seem to be able to get these - I must walk around with my eyes shut.Crossed keys do have a link to the Church, and in our part of the world, particularly with the Archbishop of York. Any link there?    

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Got it...! down the alley, first building, can't remember the exact name.http://goo.gl/maps/LEhBiP.S. KIRKGATE HOUSE.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Well done.
Attachments
005.JPG
005.JPG (85.62 KiB) Viewed 3005 times

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Nice one Tilly.I wonder if I can claim that I subconsciously knew it! I took this photo on August 19 2011 from Church Row. In order that it was not too big a file for SL it is a reduced copy of the original image. On enlarging the original image the cross keys can be seen, though if I spotted them then I did not take a close-up photo. I wonder what the keys signify?
Attachments
005R.jpg
005R.jpg (101.97 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Poor Brunel losing the credit for this...

tilly

Post by tilly »

LS1 wrote: Poor Brunel losing the credit for this... Hi LSI I give Brunel the credit Leodian will agree that he did not remember at first where it was, he had seen it before but did not know where. There are so many things to see if you look up above what i would call ground level as Leodian and others have shown in this competition.I have not managed to answer the what and where yet but i live in hopes.PS Keep it going you learn more about Leeds this way.