Where is this face?

How well do you know Leeds?
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I have passed the building in LS1 where this face is countless times but I only very recently noticed the face, which does not seem to have been used before for a W&W, so I took the photo on November 7 2013.
Attachments
014R.jpg
014R.jpg (86.62 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I don't know if it was too easy, too hard (possibly) or few were interested enough but as there have been 119 views so far but no responses at all I thought it was time to reveal where the first photo in this thread was taken. The photo here (taken November 7 2013) shows the face in the centre of a building on Vicar Lane (King Edward Street is just out of view to the right).
Attachments
015R.jpg
015R.jpg (109.35 KiB) Viewed 2260 times

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Leodian wrote: I don't know if it was too easy, too hard (possibly) or few were interested enough but as there have been 119 views so far but no responses at all I thought it was time to reveal where the first photo in this thread was taken. The photo here (taken November 7 2013) shows the face in the centre of a building on Vicar Lane (King Edward Street is just out of view to the right). Keep 'em coming Leo, these things are usually too easy for the Leeds experts or too hard for anyone. Finding something that is neither guessed immediately or not at all is YOUR challenge!!I remember being told about the statue of Queen Anne on the top of a building at the top end of New Briggate, and when I went and looked up I wondered how I'd missed it. I just think that in town we are programmed to look at all the shops at ground level, and as there's so much else going on (good and bad) at floor level we tend never to look up.I sometimes find something for people to guess and the best ones are around the Leeds suburbs albeit my last one was guessed instantly!!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Thanks for that The Parksider. Until recent years when I have started to look closer at buildings I would, like many people I suspect, have not noticed the highly impressive details on many buildings. I wonder for example how many have really noticed the many figures of a child on the Vicar Lane frontage of Leeds City Markets and the shorter Kirkgate and George Street frontages of the market. The figures seem to be the same with the child's arms over his/her head looking as if the child might be holding something up.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Leodian wrote: I don't know if it was too easy, too hard (possibly) or few were interested enough but as there have been 119 views so far but no responses at all I thought it was time to reveal where the first photo in this thread was taken. The photo here (taken November 7 2013) shows the face in the centre of a building on Vicar Lane (King Edward Street is just out of view to the right). Hi Leo, it does seem very quiet on here of late with several regular and prolific posters notably absent.Do keep up your posts though, which I enjoy even if I often have no idea where they are!
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell