Where are these nice carvings?

How well do you know Leeds?
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Hoping not to bore with another W&W but I thought I would do this one. This photo (which I took on August 12 2013) shows some very nice carvings on a building in the centre of Leeds, but where? As far as I am aware it has not been used as a W&W before.
Attachments
009R.jpg
009R.jpg (104.54 KiB) Viewed 2566 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Technically speaking I think they're ceramic. I've got Wellington Street in my my mind or possibly of Lands Lane area.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Cardiarms wrote: Technically speaking I think they're ceramic. I've got Wellington Street in my my mind or possibly of Lands Lane area. Cheers Cardiarms. I do tend to call such things as carvings, though I suspect many that I see around the centre of Leeds are not carvings but are mouldings or ceramics as you say.These are not on Wellington Street nor Lands Lane.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Briggate, where Gap is. Building in white on the left is House of Fraser

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

LS1 wrote: Briggate, where Gap is. Building in white on the left is House of Fraser That's right LS1. I thought it would probably be too easy being a building on a busy street. I thought (hoped!) it would still be of interest though to those who did not know where it is. This photo (taken Aug 12 2013) shows the location at the Gap and the Costa premises on Briggate.
Attachments
010R.jpg
010R.jpg (95.75 KiB) Viewed 2566 times

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

This photo is a close-up of a nice feature on the top of the building. I can't decide if it is meant to be a stylised Leeds owl. Shame about the TV aerial being there!
Attachments
011R.jpg
011R.jpg (84.88 KiB) Viewed 2566 times

tilly

Post by tilly »

Leodian wrote: LS1 wrote: Briggate, where Gap is. Building in white on the left is House of Fraser That's right LS1. I thought it would probably be too easy being a building on a busy street. I thought (hoped!) it would still be of interest though to those who did not know where it is. This photo (taken Aug 12 2013) shows the location at the Gap and the Costa premises on Briggate. Just goes to show how much we have lost just look at the buildings either side.I know what I would rather see most of what is left of old Leeds is above street level and often missed.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.