That was then.

How well do you know Leeds?
Jogon
Posts: 3036
Joined: Wed 21 Dec, 2011 1:28 pm

Postby Jogon » Sat 03 Aug, 2013 11:48 pm

Sorry I'm getting boring [What'dya mean 'getting'.....! - Ed ]Finding old photos then recycling them in what where.1968, and a number 56 bus I think. Road priority (but little else) has changed.
Attachments
ww.PNG
ww.PNG (61.75 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
yorkiesknob
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat 19 Dec, 2009 6:45 pm

Postby yorkiesknob » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 2:08 am

I know for sure, the school on the right should give some a clue its being in the news recently. The bus # for others.    
Where there's muck there's money. Where there's money there's a fiddle.
Chrism
Posts: 1827
Joined: Sun 20 Jan, 2008 8:26 am

Postby Chrism » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 1:13 pm

I know too, and the view has hardly changed. The school has the same name as the pub opposite it.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.
yorkiesknob
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat 19 Dec, 2009 6:45 pm

Postby yorkiesknob » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 1:30 pm

Correct Chrism, but use to have a different name in the 60s.
Where there's muck there's money. Where there's money there's a fiddle.

Loiner in Cyprus
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu 08 Nov, 2007 3:04 pm

Postby Loiner in Cyprus » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 5:51 pm

If I'm correct it will be the first I've recognised since joining SL years ago, so please excuse the lack of cryptic clues. It looks like Royal Park Road (?)in Hyde Park, close to the Royal Park pub.
Jogon
Posts: 3036
Joined: Wed 21 Dec, 2011 1:28 pm

Postby Jogon » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:45 pm

Loiner in Cyprus wrote: If I'm correct it will be the first I've recognised since joining SL years ago, so please excuse the lack of cryptic clues. It looks like Royal Park Road (?)in Hyde Park, close to the Royal Park pub. Spot onhttp://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceIde ... SPLAY=FULL
Loiner in Cyprus
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu 08 Nov, 2007 3:04 pm

Postby Loiner in Cyprus » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:03 pm

Jogon wrote: Loiner in Cyprus wrote: If I'm correct it will be the first I've recognised since joining SL years ago, so please excuse the lack of cryptic clues. It looks like Royal Park Road (?)in Hyde Park, close to the Royal Park pub. Spot onhttp://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceIde ... SPLAY=FULL Yeh!! In the 1970s I used to repair TVs in that area. I've not been there for over 30 years so if you had shown a photo of the area as it is today I may not have recognised it. Jogon, once again apologises for not using cryptic clues but after all this time trying to guess 'what & wheres? I didn't want to miss out.
Barwicker
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue 10 Apr, 2007 11:27 am

Postby Barwicker » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:06 pm

I have been in the shop many times. My uncle was Mr R H Williams who owned it. The bus in those days ran from the Bus Station to North Lane, actually the end of Cardigan Road, later to Queenswood Drive. I have posted a similar comment on the Leodis site.

book
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri 12 Aug, 2011 7:04 pm

Postby book » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 9:16 am

Did the women running for the bus make it? Or did she get hit by the mini traveller turning right ?
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad
stutterdog
Posts: 859
Joined: Mon 15 Jun, 2009 4:46 pm

Postby stutterdog » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 11:55 pm

book wrote: Did the women running for the bus make it? Or did she get hit by the mini traveller turning right ? I doubt she did, it's a back loader with a guard! He would have rung the bell and the bus would have been long gone! Unless it had been my on the platform ,I would have waited for her and assisted her on board!
ex-Armley lad





Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest