Where are these small pillars to be found?

How well do you know Leeds?
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

salt 'n pepper wrote: Maybe it's an inside job. Hi salt 'n pepper.If that is cryptic then I don't get it, sorry.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Johnny39 wrote: Not on a city centre hotel are they? Hi Johnny39.They are not at an a hotel. It's a well-known building but perhaps less so from where I took the photo.

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

Leodian wrote: salt 'n pepper wrote: Maybe it's an inside job. Hi salt 'n pepper.If that is cryptic then I don't get it, sorry. There are similar examples on the Cookridge Street side of the Radisson SAS. I had a punt on your ones being at the other side of the building in the Light. Or somewhere else actually inside the Light complex. Apparently not.What about the Mark Lane side of the late lamented Lewis's, scene of a 'looked obvious but actually quite tough' W&W from J?    

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

salt 'n pepper wrote: Leodian wrote: salt 'n pepper wrote: Maybe it's an inside job. Hi salt 'n pepper.If that is cryptic then I don't get it, sorry. There are similar examples on the Cookridge Street side of the Radisson SAS. I had a punt on your ones being at the other side of the building in the Light. Or somewhere else actually inside the Light complex. Apparently not.What about the Mark Lane side of the late lamented Lewis's, scene of a 'looked obvious but actually quite tough' W&W from J?     You've got it salt 'n pepper. It is the rear of Broad Gate (what was Lewis's) to the Dortmund Square end of Mark Lane (there is another set of three on Broad Gate lower down Mark Lane). This photo shows where the ones in my post are located. There are a lot of these pillars high up on The Headrow frontage of Broad Gate.
Attachments
001R.jpg
001R.jpg (68.49 KiB) Viewed 1963 times

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Thank goodness for that! This one has been bugging me since it was posted, but I just couldn't place it. Nice one, Leodian.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

raveydavey wrote: Thank goodness for that! This one has been bugging me since it was posted, but I just couldn't place it. Nice one, Leodian. Cheers raveydavey. I like to look at buildings a little more closely than I used to do, so I see things that I don't recall seeing before (or at least never really noticed). Those pillars just caught my eye when I was walking on Mark Lane. PS. I wonder how old the cobbles are on Mark Lane?