Day trip to Harrogate?

How well do you know Leeds?
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Sorry, maybe a bit obvious to 'less young' readers.A Fat Rascal in Betty's Café (they used to say when I walked in).Brownie point for a current view

Riponian

Post by Riponian »

Your bonus points is that as I go past it twice a day, what the usual interval between the passes? If you've been to Harrogate you'd know this one.
I like work. I can watch it for hours.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

ET may use it now, but as to how many intervals between passes I have no idea (the latter bit is not cryptic).And no, I did not search Google Street View as I feel sure Betty's was where I recall (just!) if I am right.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

I like Leodian's cryptic reply and agree that we both know the location! My mother used to buy bread from the bakery on the ground floor but refused to pay the prices in the cafe on the first floor - I think I have inherited her sense of value for money! It's interesting to see a zebra crossing in the photo - you wouldn't need one of those in that location now.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Forgive me if I've missed the point, but is this a quiz item ?? I also know exactly where it is, and there is a clue to the centre of the question if you know where to look.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

clues removed
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (293.29 KiB) Viewed 2835 times

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Maybe hidden your light under a bushel have you LS1 ??    
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

jim

Post by jim »

Presumably one rings for a takeaway now? And the caller lands up at commercial premises!

LS1

Post by LS1 »

BLAKEY wrote: Maybe hidden your light under a bushel have you LS1 ??     Something like that Blakey