Where in leeds area

How well do you know Leeds?
BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Well now - It would be a relatively hard pencil with the same intitials as this fabulous building !!     That's of course if I've guessed right myself !!     
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Indeed.But never mind the graphite grading of your pencils - the wood, do they use the elm, the ash or the other one?

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Jogon wrote: Indeed.But never mind the graphite grading of your pencils - the wood, do they use the elm, the ash or the other one? Well who knows Jogon eh ??, you'd have to ask at one of our other branches
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

yorkiesknob

Post by yorkiesknob »

More revealed, its closer than you think. Second word is Hall.
Where there's muck there's money. Where there's money there's a fiddle.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

yorkiesknob wrote: More revealed, its closer than you think. Second word is Hall. Wow, that's a relief - my pencil lead theory holds good then !!

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

My bookish reply didn't hold good, but.........for the first time ever I've sussed the W&W.. Hooray!

yorkiesknob

Post by yorkiesknob »

Come on guys some one spill the beans, I've said enough.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Will it still be pastoral when its owners get merged with the two other of its kind in Yorkshire?
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

johnnyg

Post by johnnyg »

Its owners are not going to merge with anyone Tyke Bhoy, Hinsley Hall is a Conference and Pastoral Centre owned by the Catholic Diocese of Leeds. It is the CoE Diocese of Leeds that is being considered for merger.My earlier reference to this as the last ship in Headingley, was because during the second world war it hosted a WRNS Writer School and was known as HMS Headingley at that time, although some accounts also refer to it as HMS Pembroke.It also contains the Lucy Partington Library, dedicated to one of the victims of Fred and Rosemary West.

yorkiesknob

Post by yorkiesknob »

Good stuff johnnyg,                             I never knew about the hall until my sister ran the reception side of their business a couple of years ago. Never visited myself and I was amaze how I never came across it . Being a Burley/ Headingley boy and spending most of my misspent youth in the Oak and Skyrack and never stumbling across or hearing of Hinsley hall is puzzling to say the least.Cheers Yorkie