Guess where?

How well do you know Leeds?
Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Leodian wrote: Cardiarms wrote: A traditional halloween game of trying to catch fruit with your teeth may put you on the trail to meet at the warm comrade's place. Unless there actually is a Dunkin Path Hot Pals place then I've no idea at all. Try another name for the halloween game.

jim

Post by jim »

Apple bobbing?

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Bramley swimming baths!    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Ah, Bramley apple dunking/bobbing! Nice W&W Cardiarms and one I would never have known having never been inside. PS. I don't get your "warm comrade's place" cryptic clue.     
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

They have a 'Russian Steam' room.Well done Phil.:-D

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Cheers Cardiarms for the "They have a 'Russian Steam' room". I get the warm comrade's place now!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Good w&w.Nice image phill, ta.I love those old formula 'Leeds Baths' of my youth. But we were seduced by Harold Wilson's "White Heat of Technology" and the (then new) bigger International Pool (not baths).Used to go to old one on Meanwood Rd, never worked out where it was on my Buslingthorpe expeditions.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Jogon wrote: Used to go to old one on Meanwood Rd, never worked out where it was on my Buslingthorpe expeditions. Here http://goo.gl/maps/tN9zv

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

I have been trying to recall the old Leeds swimming baths I went to as a kid. I came up with York Road, Union Street, Cookridge Street, and Meanwood Road. Outdoor, Roundhay Park, Golden Acre. I'm pretty sure we went to Holbeck when York Road was closed for some reason, probably ice-breaking. I also went in the Eastmoor Reformatory pool on a couple of occasions after playing them at football. We used the International Pool on Saturday dinnertimes when working at the YEP. Just a bit of trivia.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

Cardiarms wrote: They have a 'Russian Steam' room.Well done Phil.:-D Were you doing the backstroke when you took this? LOL
ex-Armley lad