Where was this photo taken?

How well do you know Leeds?
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I took this photo today (March 7 2013), but where at?
Attachments
__TFMF_r5eihx451iuwkhbtt42p5nzb_5f55e3e2-159e-482a-ad0f-7110b1063888_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_r5eihx451iuwkhbtt42p5nzb_5f55e3e2-159e-482a-ad0f-7110b1063888_0_main.jpg (72.05 KiB) Viewed 2282 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Trinity Centre?Just a guess looking at the top rail with the poly sheeting there is still work going on.    
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

That's right tilly. This looking up photo was taken at the top of the escalator near the Holland and Barrett store. I liked the eye shape of this toughened glass feature. I had a long very good chat with very helpful centre staff members and among the things they said I was told it is meant to be eye-shaped and will be lit up in various colours to be even more visually good when looking down onto it.        

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Blimey - is it open then?Not been in town for a while

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

You'll need to look at for this new Owl edition somewhere up in that Glass roof Leo.http://www.flickr.com/photos/cliffordst ... 24/detail/
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Jogon wrote: Blimey - is it open then?Not been in town for a while Opens 21st March according to their websitehttp://www.trinityleeds.com/news-events/see-wh ... nity-leeds

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Ta uncleMThe store list is informative - not much in my line.. Was hoping for:--Hardware shop ( sort that sells rubber end stop for walking sticks)- A bigger Kirkgate Anglers- Good cheap rough pub-Army & Navy Store-City Woodrups-Dearlove & Addymans-Bakers:-Hagenbachs, Zermanskys, Slacks-Millets, Blacks and YHA shop-Hot Pork Pie+mushy peas+ mint sauce(shop)-Waston Cairns-Kardomah

Si

Post by Si »

Jogon wrote: -Hardware shop ( sort that sells rubber end stop for walking sticks) Barber's in Otley sells 'em, Jogon.    

tilly

Post by tilly »

Leodian wrote: That's right tilly. This looking up photo was taken at the top of the escalator near the Holland and Barrett store. I liked the eye shape of this toughened glass feature. I had a long very good chat with very helpful centre staff members and among the things they said I was told it is meant to be eye-shaped and will be lit up in various colours to be even more visually good when looking down onto it.         Hi Leodian Sorry to let the cat out of the bag so soon it was just a wild guess.You must be the first person to take a photograph from inside well done.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Hi tillyNo cat let out of the bag at all. What & Where are there to be answered (or guessed). Letting the cat out of the bag is a funny expression. The area where I took the photo has never been closed but the Holland & Barrett shop has been mostly isolated for some time. It was the shape of the item that caught my eye as it had not been visible even a couple of days or so before when I was there. Interestingly (or not!) when I was passing through early p.m. today the up escalator there was not working due to a problem!