Red light Leeds-Guess where.

How well do you know Leeds?
jim

Post by jim »

Keep looking, by early April it will be much higher in the sky, though fainter - but it will be much further above the pollution, light and otherwise. It will be passing through the very recognisable constellation of Cassiopeia.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Leeds Arena is lit up for Red Nose day so it says on f.bhttp://tinyurl.com/azezqe3In honour of Red Nose Day 2013, we've turned the Leeds Arena red for the night! If this photo gets 2013 likes by 10.30pm tonight, SMG Europe and the Leeds Arena will donate £1,000 to Comic Relief.It looks pretty vivid from my place, look out for it if your around town tonight.
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

A red light area of Leeds eh! I cannot see the Arena from where I am but it will be visible from much of Leeds and reddening the sky. It should therefore be fine weather tomorrow as red sky at night is a shepherd's delight.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

The hills around Leeds make it tricky to get a good photo of the city center from many directions (here in the east, for example!).That said, the view coming down the M621 on a clear night can be spectacular - Leeds in HD. So good in fact that on one occasion I saw someone stopped on the hard shoulder taking a pic, tripod and all....naughty naughty! I'd imagine a similarly good view can be obtained from the top of Cottingley Towers for the brave.And then there is the view from Gar forth Cliff...
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

jim

Post by jim »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Leeds Arena is lit up for Red Nose day so it says on f.b Thanks for the heads-up Phill. It looks well from my end of Armley - and it isn't creating light pollution, a sore subject with the astronomically minded!

Croggy1
Site Admin

Post by Croggy1 »

The photo has over 6800 likes now and the 2013 target reached in less than 30 mins.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

It's green tonight for St Pats day.No sign of The Pinnacle (West Riding House) Lit up from my place though.
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

It's looking like one of those spacecraft from other worlds that could be in a 1950s movie! Perhaps it's best to be sure that someone knows to say "Klaatu barada nikto" just in case! . For anyone wondering what the heck I'm twittering on about that was the phrase that had to be said in the classic 1951 film 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' to stop the robot Gort destroying the Earth.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.