Silo Green

How well do you know Leeds?
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Not sure whether this is a bunker or Teletubby land. Needs an educated guess.Close to Leeds centre.
Attachments
__TFMF_lhecojyxwyn0jzu2uir0pz55_a3978a06-2f46-44bd-97d5-14b7af2a8acd_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_lhecojyxwyn0jzu2uir0pz55_a3978a06-2f46-44bd-97d5-14b7af2a8acd_0_main.jpg (51.23 KiB) Viewed 1901 times

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Jogon wrote: Not sure whether this is a bunker or Teletubby land. Needs an educated guess.Close to Leeds centre. I once had a photo of that on flickr, Tasa filled in the details what it was for me. I think it was some sort of canteen, or similar at first. I could be wrong, it was a while ago now, but it wasn't anything top secret or amazing.    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

BJF

Post by BJF »

This was the Raven Theatre. It was accesed from the Tartan Bar at the very bottom of the Students Union at Leeds University. It was actually more of a debating chamber and didn't see many theatrical performances.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Isn't Silo Green the singer in Gnarls Barkley?
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

simong

Post by simong »

No, that's Filo Pastry.

Caron

Post by Caron »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Jogon wrote: Not sure whether this is a bunker or Teletubby land. Needs an educated guess.Close to Leeds centre. I once had a photo of that on flickr, Tasa filled in the details what it was for me. I think it was some sort of canteen, or similar at first. I could be wrong, it was a while ago now, but it wasn't anything top secret or amazing.     What a surprise...it's Sir Phill AGAIN!! I went to Thorpe Arch trading estate some years ago and that was an odd place. Is it still there?

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Caron wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: Jogon wrote: Not sure whether this is a bunker or Teletubby land. Needs an educated guess.Close to Leeds centre. I once had a photo of that on flickr, Tasa filled in the details what it was for me. I think it was some sort of canteen, or similar at first. I could be wrong, it was a while ago now, but it wasn't anything top secret or amazing.     What a surprise...it's Sir Phill AGAIN!! I went to Thorpe Arch trading estate some years ago and that was an odd place. Is it still there? Indeed it is here http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/4589038539/    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!