Guess where secret Leeds

How well do you know Leeds?
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Jogon wrote: where is this one? right click on pic, highlight properties, [img]INSERT[/img] thanks phill Hi Jogon. I know it's been solved but as soon as I saw the image I thought it was Otley and then I saw what I think is Norwood mast near Jack Hill to the top right and that confirmed it. There is also visible the small mast to the top of the steep road coming out of Otley that eventually comes to Blubberhouses but I cannot just now recall the road name (it has, or at least had if no more, a pub about half way up the steep long hill).
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

These guess where's are pretty good, It just shows what you can do with a good bit of detective work. I recall a story about finding locations, it's a bit of a moral story too. Without going into too much detail, someone thought they were being a little clever with me once and were a little out of order to say the least. Anyway they thought they were pretty anonymous and could get away with their little trick without any consequences.. Well that was until they had left little clues on their photo stream where they lived, very small clues indeed, but just enough to pin point their house, and even his very same bedroom lol. It took me 4 minutes to find their house!It's about this time where you can either exact your divine vengeance, or think of karma and let things take their own course. I chose the latter. A year went by and out of the blue I had a message from said villain, a very apologetic and honest message it was too. Before I forgave the chap I thought I'd let him know exactly what could have happened through the era of his ways, I sent him the Google street view link to his house, and his very same bedroom even, then I went through a list of things that I'm really sure he wished hadn't happened if I chose to go down that road. He was mortified I knew where he lived amongst other things, and he learnt a very valuable lesson from that experience I know for sure     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Si

Post by Si »

Leodian wrote: There is also visible the small mast to the top of the steep road coming out of Otley that eventually comes to Blubberhouses but I cannot just now recall the road name (it has, or at least had if no more, a pub about half way up the steep long hill). The road is Billam's Hill (over the bridge) becoming Newall Carr Road.The pub you mention is The Spite, I think. It's vbeing refurbished at the moment.It would seem that the big mast at the top of Norwood Edge is no longer in use. All the dishes have gone.     

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Si wrote: Leodian wrote: There is also visible the small mast to the top of the steep road coming out of Otley that eventually comes to Blubberhouses but I cannot just now recall the road name (it has, or at least had if no more, a pub about half way up the steep long hill). The road is Billam's Hill (over the bridge) becoming Newall Carr Road.The pub you mention is The Spite, I think. It's vbeing refurbished at the moment.It would seem that the big mast at the top of Norwood Edge is no longer in use. All the dishes have gone.      Cheers Si. No longer having a car I don't get to that area anymore, though I could walk up from Otley and at least it would be downhill on the way back!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.