Where is this bench mark in Leeds?

How well do you know Leeds?
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I think it may be hard but knowing the knowledge of Secret Leedsers I doubt it will be! I took the photo today.
Attachments
__TFMF_wlbnsd455vxp4l45yxrkf3er_3639c0e7-dad3-4976-8292-c27243cff51e_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_wlbnsd455vxp4l45yxrkf3er_3639c0e7-dad3-4976-8292-c27243cff51e_0_main.jpg (293.92 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

Well, the steps look old and poorly maintained so I'll make a start by guessing the steps to the gateway of St John's Church on Upper Briggate.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Sorry Tasa but it's not there.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Is that in the City Centre though Leodian?The odds of guessing that in the whole Leeds area are pretty slim if we don't narrow it down Edit.. Just seen your latest post? Your benchmark photo wouldn't happen to be near, or on the way to the Asda H.Q would it? Incidentally I worked on that building when it was going up.
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Is that in the City Centre though Leodian?The odds of guessing that in the whole Leeds area are pretty slim if we don't narrow it down It's not in Leeds centre. I bet many of you have walked on the steps but have just not spotted the bench mark. Edit added moments after posting. No Phill the bench mark is nowhere near that area. I did though see the burial ground on maps when looking at maps around the area of the King Mill goit.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Got me leotime4bedMy fave is on central street and that isnt it.(As kids we were told that they were the mark of satan and appeared at night)

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Jogon wrote: Got me leotime4bedMy fave is on central street and that isnt it.(As kids we were told that they were the mark of satan and appeared at night)

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I think you might have been strolling around Roundhay Park perhaps? The recently bumped up thread on the area arousing you interest?    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Phill_dvsn wrote: I think you might have been strolling around Roundhay Park perhaps? The recently bumped up thread on the area arousing you interest?     Oops I given too much away!

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Leodian wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: I think you might have been strolling around Roundhay Park perhaps? The recently bumped up thread on the area arousing you interest?     Oops I given too much away! Am I right?It's just a case of finding which steps if so. I'm thinking you were interested in the old maze. So I'll narrow the area down to Canal Gardens and that top half of the park near the gates?