What & Where? #17

How well do you know Leeds?
munki

Post by munki »

That's my intention, Stevief, I just keep forgetting to take them!This one will have an in context picture once it has been guessed. No one has got it right so far!
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

stevief

Post by stevief »

Does it run along the side of Crown Point Bridge?

munki

Post by munki »

Nope!
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Having crossed crown point bridge today I can confirm it is railings only. I can't remember if Leeds bridge is though so is it that as it does look like it might be a bridge? The next one between Asda HQ and the Hilton is stone only
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

munki

Post by munki »

It's not a bridge!

stevief

Post by stevief »

I'm thinking more in terms of stately homes now.How about Harewood House or Lotherton Hall?????

munki

Post by munki »

It's handsome enough to be in a stately home, but it isn't. How long has this one lasted? Ten days? Time for some clues, maybe.It's outdoors.It's in the City Centre.Open your eyes, Dear Readers!

FarnleyBloke

Post by FarnleyBloke »

Got it!!it's the top of the white building on Boar Lane between McDonalds and trinity Church, used to be Scarborough Building Society and Thomas Cook before that i think. I take it you took this picture from the top of trinity church while you were there Munki?Fantastic detailing, can't believe i've never noticed it before.P.S. i've just spent the best part of my dinner hour walking round town staring up at the buildings so would like to apologise to anyone i may have walked into!!

munki

Post by munki »

Good spot, Farnley Bloke! Too much fascination with architecture can be a bit dangerous in a city centre, can't it? There's been a couple of times when I've nearly stepped out into moving traffic while looking up & not right & left!

munki

Post by munki »

As requested - not up close & in context...The tiles are under the eaves of the building to the left.
Attachments
__TFMF_m0ewpu45mot1cpvjwjwfvpva_ce5031d6-9c8e-46e6-b8d2-0a7ac0ddb759_0_MaintainAspect.jpg
__TFMF_m0ewpu45mot1cpvjwjwfvpva_ce5031d6-9c8e-46e6-b8d2-0a7ac0ddb759_0_MaintainAspect.jpg (25.81 KiB) Viewed 2753 times