Metal Detecting

How well do you know Leeds?
RaggyTash

Post by RaggyTash »

compton wrote: Raggytash, there are many metal detecting clubs around the country and a couple in the Leeds area, try an internet search. The members of these clubs will give you all the information and advice you could desire, I,m personally involved with the Bridlington metal detecting society and we have many rallies during the year. A word of warning, the huge finds that have featured in the news recently are a once in a lifetime occurrence, most of the time we dig up nondescript trash with the occasional good i.e. hammered coins, seals, Roman brooches etc. Metal detectorists have a great interest in history, and the buzz from finding something that has,nt seen the light of day for 2 thousand years is great,                                                                         good hunting Thanks,yes..I only thought about checking the internet for clubs yesterday..I can see theres quite a few out there&probably my best way to go about starting.I Love Brid..Ive seen quite a few detectors scanning the beaches there..I,m not really bothered about unearthing the find of a Lifetime,just a few old coins would give me a buzz..or unearthing anything that hasnt been touched for Centuries since the last person to hold it dropped it there would blow my mind.I,ll check out some of the clubs and let you know what I find.Cheers.